Ben Tate
United Kingdom
Banbury
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we had this problem come up last night while playing with the expansion.

The Cylon leader was infiltrating Galactica when we arrived at New Caprica, thus he's a human player...

Where does he go when they arrive at New Caprica? In the resistance HQ or into the Occupation Authority?

I say this, since we arrived at NC with 1 morale and the Cylon leader promptly used the action in the Resistance HQ to execute a human, they passed the skill check and we lost the game...

I figured if we executed the Cylon first he would then stop infiltrating because he couldn't get back to the Human fleet location until Galactica arrived back.

But nowhere in the rules does it cover a Cylon leader who is *already* infiltrating when NC is reached..

Any thoughts? Have I missed a section of the rules? Help welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it went exactly as it should (other than "they passed and you lost")

So that's another thing to watch for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You played it right, Infiltrating Cylon Leaders are considered to be human players and so start the New Caprica phase at Resistance HQ and use Human actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tate
United Kingdom
Banbury
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, good to know I read the runes correctly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why didn't the humans stop the infiltrating cylon from passing the skill check that's involved in executing a human using the resistance HQ location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Edland
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an infiltrating cylon is executed on New Caprica before Galactica returns he is moved to the medical centre and becomes a cylon player once again. After becoming a cylon player again he can then naturally only use the cylon actions on the New Caprica locations. Interestingly as you point out he would then lose the opportunity to try to kill any of the humans as the resistance headquarters action is no longer available to him. And he can only infiltrate again after Galactica has returned and the cylons locations become available again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tate
United Kingdom
Banbury
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed Tor, that's precisely my reading...

The revealed Cylon player was first up when we hit NC, the Cylon leader player was next player up after him, so as next player after him my next action would have been to execute him and turn him back to a cylon player...

We didn't have enough cards to stop him. Treachery cards are positive in that skill check (aren't they?) and we'd already been smacked by the super crisis card which pretty much forced us to take the option to empty the destiny deck and replace it with 6 treachery cards...

So we had a revealed cylon dumping his card and the Cylon leader as a human thus dumping 2 cards into the deck. That's 5 cards and we had nothing left to stop him with, they either got lucky with the 3's that showed or more likely had been hoarding them and that was that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, one of two places they're positive without At Any Cost.

Bam! I wonder if they were looking for that. Viable strategy, and a further reason to keep Morale up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, getting to NC with only 1 morale is pretty much already a loss for the humans. So many of the New Caprica crises hit morale that it's tough to survive them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tate
United Kingdom
Banbury
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, however...

"We fight 'em until we can't." - Kara Thrace cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.