Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For quite some time now I've been working on and off on a solo first person shooter game inspired by games such as DOOM and Zombie in my Pocket. In classic FPS-style it pits a lone marine against impossible odds. When it's finished it's gonna be a free PnP game, but I still want to tweak and test it a bit more before making it available.

But to make sure that it's actually a good game I need someone else but me to try it. And that someone else could be you.

In order to play it you'll need to print, cut, and possible laminate around 6 or 8 sheets of paper which doesn't have to be colour. You're also gonna need some small minis or counters (I use a marine from Zombies and aliens from Risk 2210, but anything goes) and at least 7 eight sided dice, 7 ten-sided dice and a handfull of normal dice.

See, that's a bit of work just to test a game, so I'll offer to transfer say 10 bucks to you via paypal to cover part of your expenses.

So if you're interested throw me a GM and we'll take it from there. I still have a small amount of work to do on the test version, but I can email it to you sometime next week.

mads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mb
Laminate? Why? Will I be drawing on the sheets with grease pencil or something?

I'll give it a go. I hope it's not too dicey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Laminate is just to make drawing cards and tiles more easy. But in fact thick paper works better. I just laminated the first prototype, so that kinda stuck in my head.

But it's very dicey. You roll dice for combat and managing your ammo is an important aspect of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mb
Last question. How big's the download?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valenze
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to give it a shot. No pun intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan rhodes
United Kingdom
bucks
flag msg tools
hi happy to give it a go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Lewis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Good at learning, useless at playing
badge
No secret message here
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting - I can use dice software to save buying any real dice, right?

Count me in, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll make a link to the files early next week. It's a small download of less than a mega - the graphic presentation is at a bare minimum for the time being.

Dice software is a great idea. Only thing is you need to keep track of your ammo. Normally I use the dice I also use to attack, but tokens or pen and paper will do just fine. Also, minis aren't really a must. Tokens will work fine.

And thank you for your interest, btw. I have fun playing the game, but have absolutely no idea if that's only a result of having made it myself. Looking forward to getting some more input.

mads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
splendid idea for a game.

but i rummaged around my risk and i rummaged around my risk and i rummaged around my risk....

where are the aliens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Color me interested as well if I can pull myself away from Ambush for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, superjosef, they're technically Machines of Destruction (MODs), but they do look like aliens in some sort of combat armour to me.

Anyways, all you need are minis or tokens for a space commando and three different kinds of aliens.

And, Jonny, Ambush?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Lewis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Good at learning, useless at playing
badge
No secret message here
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'll just pinch some minis from Doom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to test it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in testing it too. Let me know if you need another playtester.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
mads b. wrote:
You're right, superjosef, they're technically Machines of Destruction (MODs), but they do look like aliens in some sort of combat armour to me.

Anyways, all you need are minis or tokens for a space commando and three different kinds of aliens.

And, Jonny, Ambush?

Yup, Ambush!. It was a little joke since I've been playing this a lot lately, but I'd still be happy to try and test your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in, always looking for something new (and helping out a Buffy fan is always a plus).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please count me in as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Carter

Pflugerville
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger that. Add another tester to your list. Sounds interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonny, I was just asking because I wasn't sure which of the many Ambush games you were referring to. But it looks quite cool, I think. Though I gotta say: four hours of solo gaming, phew. I've played some long sessions of Arkham by myself, but not that long. Is it worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I think I managed to finish the files needed. You can download a small zip file with rules, tiles, etc. from this link:

www.madsbrynnum.dk/files/contact.zip

Please let me know if something seems to be missing.

Happy gaming!

mads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mads b. wrote:
Jonny, I was just asking because I wasn't sure which of the many Ambush games you were referring to. But it looks quite cool, I think. Though I gotta say: four hours of solo gaming, phew. I've played some long sessions of Arkham by myself, but not that long. Is it worth it?

Funny you should mention AH, since I'd played a few solo games of it just before busting out Ambush. I thought AH was ok solo, but I had to remind myself to play it and was pretty ready for the game to be over before it was sometimes.

Ambush on the other hand, is a game I cannot pull myself away from. If I'm not playing it I'm reading the rulebook somewhere. I'm in love!

Granted, I'll warn you that the game is a fair amount of work with all the paragraph lookups and whatnot, but it doesn't bother me and I love how well the game manages to tell a story. Brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.