Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Mitchell gives a rather splendid anti-boardgame rant in this weeks episode of That Mitchell and Webb Sound.

I'm not sure whether this BBC iplayer link will work outside the UK.

This is not one of their best episodes, so if you want to got straight to the boardgame sketch it's at 19m50s into the show.

EDIT: Warning: some risqué content.

Some example lines:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

"The word Boggle has the same effect on me as an air-raid siren in downtown Baghdad"

"What!? That's not a recreational activity - that's God daring you to go on living"

"I bet even looking at the boxes makes me want to cry"

"Global Domination - Every player has a counter shaped like a different type of shoe, and they have to go round the world nationalizing the railways"

"Personally, I prefer backwards Cluedo - you start off knowing whodunnit, where and how. You just have to work out why you all care."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard that last night. Typical. Not incorrect, given what people here can find and know from experience. But still....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was great, loved the superman parts, and especially the yoghurt commercial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.