Subject: Looking for 2-5 people to play games with locally in CT. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Looking for 2-5 people to play games with.

I am constantly looking for people to play games with, but it's hard. Harder than I thought. Also making it to the groups is tough with job and time constraints. Plus the drive is almost always longer than I'd wish. So I figured I'd post this in case someone is in my vicinity and would be willing to meet maybe once a week or more often based on availability.

Now, some info about me, so people will not get their expectations up too high. I'm not a war gamer. I don't like war games. They just take too long. Except for some civ games that have a bit of a war theme such as Antike or Attila or Domaine or Perikles. I also don't play sci-fi games, such as Galaxy Trucker or anything about Orcs or creatures out of this world. Just not my thing.

But I do love any other kind of euro or abstract games. Just look at my collection and you'll see what I mean. I love thematic or historical games so I can get into the game while I play it, example Pillars of the Earth or Siena or Tikal and others.

I also love 2 player games. So If I can find someone who'd like to meet to play some 2 player games, that would be great.

Now, what I would like to do is invite people over my house. And usually the times I'd have available would be Fri evening, Sat evening or Sun afternoon. I do love to have a longer session, so 5 or 6 games could be played in the night/afternoon. And if people would be into the games as much as me, we could play into the night too. I do love to play multiple number of one game as well. .

So please contact me if you're interested. I'm in Cromwell, CT. We can talk details through email or phone.

You can reply to this this forum too.

Hopefully there are people in the area that like board games as much as I do. You can be an avid gamer or a just a casual gamer wanting to learn some games.

Looking forward to meet some people!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc Nguyen
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a once a month game group that meets in middlefield. I'm usually too busy with school and work to go. Here's one of their threads.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/433989

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I know of that group. I've been to it several times. But recently I haven't had a chance, since they meet once a month and the schedules don't align all that often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Wow... there are no players is CT in my neck of the woods?....
The times have really become tough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.