Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poul Soegaard
Denmark
Hobro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to share a funny feeling I had after a game night yesterday, first a little prehistory.

We are a small gorup of people, normally around 5 players, and it is almost always the same people that show up, even though around 10 people gets the notification. I like playing with the group, we normally play dice loaded conflict games (A&A, TI3 etc). I am normally the pacer in the group, making sure that people get their ressources, points, pick roles and does it in a time efficient way, by handing out the stuff they need also.

I am not the much of an analysist in games (always hated chess), I play to have fun, and finish games within a time that is acceptable.

Okay, back to yesterday, we are to try a new game (galactic emperor), and there is always the problem with new games, that rules has to be explained, and there is the middle ground between to much infomation and too little information. I prefer to learn it as we go, and can explain the rules for TI3 in around 5-10 mins, and then helping people with some decissions the first round. But we regularly end up with 30 mins rules, where my mind drifts off anyway.

So we had already decreased our playtime, with the rules explanation, and I am ready to go with the normal pacer stick devil However there is a new guy in the group that I have not meet before, and he also wants to pace the game, and I have never been more annoyed than that before...

So all of the above leads me down to this:

"does the AP people that I pace, have the same feeling like I did yesterday?" Because I only want to streamline games, but yesterday I felt pushed instead of streamlined.

PS it could also be the way that he said it, I don't know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
The pace of the game is not decided by a single individual, but the general pace of the majority of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.