Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the latest Z-Man newsletter, this game should be out in December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, going to make me regret my Ebay purchase, perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the new newsletter, it's pushed back to March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K W
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
http://www.zmangames.com/retailers/Winter_2010_catalog_web.p...

Looks like it's going to retail for $70 USD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K W
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pushed back to October. May not ship this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Just back from running demos of a slightly pre-publication copy in the Z-Man booth at this year's GEN CON. That's me (the grizzly one) sitting next to good buddy, designer Rich Borg.

The tweaking and slight rules changes have made quite a difference in playing time... Max 2 hours now!

We found one gold counter with a "10" on one side and a "5" on the other (not again!) and a couple knights that should have had a "C" (charge bonus) that still had the German "S" on them, However Zev thinks these can be fixed before the game arrives in the U.S. in October 2010.

The components were great. Plastic fortifications, wooden control markers, and really, really thick cardboard bits. I had never played using a "shield" to hide your pieces before. The West End version had plastic racks. Hiding your stuff behind the shield is cool... and there's a turn sequence printed on the back that really helps!

The new Pegasus/Z-Man version has a lot of really great artwork. None by me, but if they had waited for Tom Wham to finish it the game wouldn't come out until 2020, I'm way to slow at that sort of thing. I didn't come on board the project until early this year to help with the English language rules. At the moment Z-Man thinks the retail price will be somewhere around $60 - $70.

I had a great time with all those who played in the demos. And really, I only won once and in that game someone else had been sitting in my chair playing my kingdom for an hour before I took over.

What is the big rules change? Once a Citadel is built, the game will end at the end of the next construction phase. Anyone else who has built one before then is also elligible to win. The winner at that time is the player with the greatest income. This kind of shifts the whole thing to a bit more of an economic struggle than just a pure war game and the combats on the last turn are a over special income counters and fortifications. Of course you can still win by capturing two Citadels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hart
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet - I remember playing this as King of The Tabletop in Dragon magazine and it was a lot of fun. Will miss your great art though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.