I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
Avatar
mbmbmb
It looks like when I record a play and add another BGG member is a player that I add, the stats go to his plays as well.

Is this correct?

If so, what happens if he also records the play and puts me in as a player?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
It does not put a play on his or her play list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
It does not put a play on his or her play list.
But it would be awesome if we could have a place to confirm the play and then have it added to our list.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Lewis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Good at learning, useless at playing
badge
No secret message here
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In a similar way to 'tagging' photographs on Facebook.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.A.
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, this tread is old, but is there a solution for this bug now (i guess it's bug, why shouldn't the play beeing displayed on other members play lists)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Settler_of_Agricola wrote:
I know, this tread is old, but is there a solution for this bug now (i guess it's bug, why shouldn't the play beeing displayed on other members play lists)?


Because the other players may not want to have the play shown, or may wish to record it a different way, or comment differently, or any one of dozens of legitimate reasons (not to mention there would be some idiots who bother people by booking phantom plays on them).

The only good reason for this is ease of data entry on the recipient's part, which could I guess be solved by giving the recipient the chance to accept the play, if not it would be automatically rejected.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Settler_of_Agricola wrote:
I know, this tread is old, but is there a solution for this bug now
Not yet. Last year it was being thought about as just one part of a big play recording overhaul - see: Potential changes to Play recording - but then that got put on the backburner in favour of unnamed other things. :/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
Because the other players may not want to have the play shown...

This is a very good point. I don't record plays. It's just too OCD for me. If other's recorded plays appeared in my profile, it would show a completely distorted view of my plays. Bad information is worse than no information.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.A.
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:

The only good reason for this is ease of data entry on the recipient's part, which could I guess be solved by giving the recipient the chance to accept the play, if not it would be automatically rejected.


You're right, the other player should of course be able to accept or decline the play. Besides of that, it shouldn't be a big problem to implement this feature.

Thanks for the other answers, i guess we just have to wait then...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Settler_of_Agricola wrote:
cannoneer wrote:

The only good reason for this is ease of data entry on the recipient's part, which could I guess be solved by giving the recipient the chance to accept the play, if not it would be automatically rejected.


You're right, the other player should of course be able to accept or decline the play. Besides of that, it shouldn't be a big problem to implement this feature.

Thanks for the other answers, i guess we just have to wait then...


I think 'decline' should be the default unless acted on to accept within a certain time frame (3 days...?). And in the meantime, while the decision is pending, it should NOT show up in the recipient's plays. But if that is implemented, then I would support it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MurrayL wrote:
In a similar way to 'tagging' photographs on Facebook.

I didn't know facebook has this option.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.