Faye Min
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I wonder why I haven't done this earlier, but... Anyone here in Beijing looking to meet regularly (or even every once in a while) for some good gaming sessions?

I have enough games to get us started and am willing to buy anything and everything that we will play as long as I can get them here in China (you'd be surprised what you can get - view my collection here:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/fayemin?own=1&s... ). Only thing keeping me from buying most of the "must-plays" are the lack to people who will enjoy them with me.

I've just got into board gaming this year in China. With 2 of my gaming friends having recently moved back to the US, it's gotten harder to feed this obsession. While I have a few friends who are very happy to play gateway games with me, I only get to play my favorites sporadically, and mostly with people who don't enjoy them nearly as much as I do.

I'm willing to host or travel within the city and have a fairly open schedule, just let me know if you're interested and we'll work something out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyong Tong
China
Beijing
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fayemin wrote:
Hey everyone,

I wonder why I haven't done this earlier, but... Anyone here in Beijing looking to meet regularly (or even every once in a while) for some good gaming sessions?

Hi fayemin, welcome to China.

You may get more information about board gaming session in China from Kolumel's pinned thread.

If you are near TianAnMen, you may try this place.

Kolumel wrote:

These groups are all Chinese-speaking, but most urban Chinese speak some English. I’m sure a foreigner would be greeted warmly and be able to find a game, though it would be a good idea to get in touch with one of the organizers in advance. Generally speaking, you do not need to bring your own games. The two groups in Beijing, at least, have large libraries of games.

Beijing: Beijing Boardgame and Wargame Club (www.boardgameary.com), meets at a teahouse in Chaoyang district every Saturday. This link has the address and a small map: http://www.boardgameary.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=2182&extr....
Hours: Saturday 1:00 p.m. until evening.
Some photos: http://www.boardgameary.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1962&extr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
palin majere
China
Beijing
Beijing
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,welcome!
As Irstar said, if you interest in game session, Beijing Boardgame and Wargame Club have event every Saturday. Beside Chinese-speaking member, there are also many foreigner here. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.