Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jody
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
Hi,
I see a lot of advice here for printing out your own components, and am confused in the overabundance of it.

What would be the best way to print out matching missing game tiles and pieces on the cheap?

Ie, if i was missing a few mississippi queen pieces or a settlers hex, what would i do?

does cardstock come in different thicknesses?
(yes, i have both a inkjet and colour laser printer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, if it's duplicating an existing part that you still have I'd scan it, print to full page label paper and then stick that to the right thickness card (which doesn't have to be bought in special for the odd piece, I've used cerial boxes for thinner items before). Spray with something to stop the ink running if you used your inkjet (I used my wifes hairspray last time.....). Cut out using a really sharp knife. I use a boxcutter - remember to keep changing the blade if making a lot of parts.

If you don't have the part then you'll need to find a high enough reslution image here or elsewhere on the web, but otherwise the same procedure.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlinkyJOH wrote:
I am confused in the overabundance of it.

The majority of these posts are directed towards print and play games. There are thousands of them available on BGG and a lot of them are really top notch games. For most PnP games, all the components are available free to download, so all you have to do is pick some that interest you, print out the components, and you have a brand new board game.

But when you come across a really good PnP game that you want to keep around or show to others, that's when you start looking into making a high-quality version of the game. The ultimate goal is usually to make that free game by an independent designer look just as good as a professional store bought game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.