Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would there be any reason why Kat could not use a treachery card to activate her hotshot power.

Seems like a perfect cards to drop to make sure your scouting always succeeds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't think of any reason why not, the problem might be that the maximum value of the card would be 3 (not a problem for scouting) and as you were discarding treachery, it would be subject to Cylons playing Sabotage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's somewhat thematic. Kat turns all of her "angst" into rage =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Drake
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say while it is possible, it's still risky. Her power explicitly says "discard" which would make you vulnerable to the Sabotage card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
and as you were discarding treachery, it would be subject to Cylons playing Sabotage.

I think you're right, but has anyone confirmed for sure if Hotshot treachery can be hit with Sabotage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I think you're right, but has anyone confirmed for sure if Hotshot treachery can be hit with Sabotage?

I don't see how there could be any question about it. Kat's character card says "When you would roll a die during your Action step, you may instead discard a Skill Card." The Sabotage card says "Play when a human player discards a Treachery Skill Card."

Am I missing a wording that would require "confirm[ation] for sure?" That seems extremely clear-cut and well-worded to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ryudoowaru wrote:
Quote:

I don't see how there could be any question about it. Kat's character card says "When you would roll a die during your Action step, you may instead discard a Skill Card." The Sabotage card says "Play when a human player discards a Treachery Skill Card."

Am I missing a wording that would require "confirm[ation] for sure?" That seems extremely clear-cut and well-worded to me.

I have to agree. Kat clearly says "discard" and Sabotage works off of "discard." There is nothing to clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but Treachury cards are always treated as negatives unless used for Airlock or the thing on New Caprica (Can't remember name.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
MainManDetroit wrote:
I could be wrong, but Treachury cards are always treated as negatives unless used for Airlock or the thing on New Caprica (Can't remember name.)

They are negatives for almost all skill checks. But Kat's ability is not a skill check and the ability does not exclude any card type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.