Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Quality Affordable Gaming Tables - BoardGameTables.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.nkccon.com/

Is anyone going to this? Is there game going be much open board gaming going on, or is it mostly just the scheduled table top miniatures events?

I'm thinking about going if there is going to be a change to get into some heavy games that aren't hex and counter or miniatures. I'd love to play Friedrich or Die Macher. If someone wants to teach, then I'd love to learn an 18xx game or Here I Stand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
The stronger the telescope, the more stars there are...
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging by the email, this is being run by the owner (?) of Above & Beyond Games on Vivion Rd. in Northmoor/Riverside. Judging by the store, I wouldn't expect anything for board games, as the owner knows about as much about board games as does a beauty queen. The idea of a game convention sounds great if there are board game events, but paying for doing something that you can do for free with little effort (getting a few BGGers together in one room for a few hours of gaming) isn't really all that awesome when you think about it. The good parts of conventioneering are the meeting of new gamers that share similar interests and meeting those people in a neutral environment where you can decide whether to meet them again. IMO, you won't meet many board gamers there, so that will help to take the fun out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad DeShon
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll that's sad. I guess I'll just have to get in a game somewhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
The stronger the telescope, the more stars there are...
mbmbmbmbmb
There are game nights at game stores in OP, Olathe (both Thursday nights I believe) and Lee's Summit (Sunday). I know many of the players who play at Tabletop Games on Thursday nights play 18xx games on weekends...perhaps they will chime in and take a flyer on a new player? Those game nights will be much more to your interests judging by your ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cole
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there demoing Revolution, Stars are Right, Munchkin Quest, Red Dragon Inn, Kung Fu Fighting, and Tiki Mountain. I think that is all of the board games that will be present. The rest will be all miniature wargaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.