Popular Tags: [View All]
John Grapentine
United States
Utica
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, just received my copy in the mail the other day and I'm loving every minute of this game!

I just noticed today, as I was catagorizing my counters, that various foot units, tanks, and vehicles have values and boxes on the actual counters that differ from the pictures of them in the firefight book and inventory list on the back of the rule book.

I don't think this is a big deal only because the values and boxes on the actual counters make more sense than those printed in the pictures. Again, no big deal, just an observation I had and I wondered if anyone else noticed the same thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carlton
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any examples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grapentine
United States
Utica
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes James, here is a list of the counters that I found differences on:

on the German side: HMG 34 squad, HMG 42 squad, SdKfz 251/1 APC, and the T-34b Captured Tank.

on the Soviet side: T-34b tank, T-34c tank, M3 APC, and the M3 Scout.

Again, this isn't a complaint, and the game is certainly not messed up because of this. In fact, upon studying the values of the actual counters (not the pictures of them), I believe the actual values make the most sense and were probably printed after the rulebook was made (just speculation). I'm satisfied with the actual counters values, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. No big deal. Love this game!!!cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Some units, such as the German HMG have different values.

Several people have emailed me that one of the HMGs has a white circle under its AP cost and a blue circle under its FP. This is correct and this AA setup HMG can fire outside of its Arc of Fire for an extra 1AP. It may also fire at aircraft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grapentine
United States
Utica
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I figured as much. No big deal to me if the printed pics show different values as long as the actual counters are right, and they all appear to be quite right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.