Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about you guys, but I find this is the toughest villain (I haven't played Something Wicked yet though). In cooperative play she is simply BRUTAL - my girlfriend and I managed to defeat her today, but only just. The only hero left standing after she was killed was the only one who didn't participate...

Anyway, I think they overdone this Villain a bit. "Shadow of the Season" seems a hardcore thing when played Cooperatively, and the Living Trees she plants each turn are very hard enemies to fight, which can KO a character in a single combat turn...

Any thoughts on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon c.
msg tools
I played the Dryad for the first time about a week ago. It was a three player co-op game, which have been nice balanced games in the past. We got destroyed pretty handily. Those trees are very tough to kill and KO'd the heroes quite a few times. They popped up at the worst places too. We drew tough mysteries and didn't roll that great, and ended up losing without even having fought a single showdown. A tough villain indeed....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Sarcasmo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's good to have a few real toughies . . . keeps the game more interesting. We can already beat the four main characters most of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brooks
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with 3, and barely beat her tonight. She had 18 wound and 7 combat. We had quite a few items, but I had Karl (crappy spirit and cunning) so I only hit on 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually beat the Dryad with a single hero solo play on my second attempt, but it was tough to even get to her and she involved a lot of bookkeeping. It was hard, but even worse: it was not as much fun as some other villains.

However, I think it is a matter of challenge/skill and taste which villains you will like, so as such, I think she is a cool addition for some people. And considering this mini-expansion costs no more than some paper, ink and electricity, she is not too bad in my book:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.