Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian F
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
will scenarios be created using sets of map boards from multiple games, to reward those who purchased both games and future expansions? COH & SOS for example
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are not doing it to reward anyone, but yes, we already have several built up that we will be posting. The Zombie scenario, which will be posted for Halloween, uses boards and overlays from both games. hahahahahahahaaaa.... Oh, this one is sooo good. Gunter designed a heck of a great 2-4 player firefight that I think will be played over and over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We also have a mega 6-8 player firefight almost finished for conventions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian F
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent - btw - loving SOS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just wondering as I've not seen the boards in the flesh yet.

I've read here that the new boards are thinner and with a different finish. How much thinner are they - will it look odd if you combine boards from the two sets?

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lined them up and they don't look odd.

I'd say the difference is about 1 mm or so.

What will probably make them look the most difference is that the colours on the new boards are brighter and more vivid - a change that is positive enough that it's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The new boards are 2mm vs 2.5mm for the old boards. We did this not to save weight (SoS is heavier than AtB), but because we had the boards printed in Germany and they recommended this thickness for their non-warp stock. The counters and overlays are still the same thickness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian F
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
forgot to mention that I'm also very happy with the decision to add tile overlays to the maps. It adds even more replayability. I hope to see more released in the future because when the community starts to make custom scenarios, these will be instrumental in customization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.