Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Sytsma
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Things seem to be settling down a little. Foa Foa is still in a world of hurt but that can be pinned mainly on Russel. Although I would say that he doesn't have total control of the tribe like he thinks he does since Ben was voted out. I wouldn't be surprised if Jaison and Mick get together and push to have him (Russel) voted out. Since both know he has the idol what better time to blindside him.

I would not have taken the comfort at Galu. I would have taken the function in a heart beat. But the way things are going (for now anyways) with all the wins they are racking up I guess they might be getting a big head. I'm not sure what Shambos problem is with the tribe. If they where losing all the time then I would be mad to see them doing yoga but until then....scoreboard!

3 weeks down and 4 people gone. My guess is a tribe mix up might be coming soon. Any other ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Russel's hesitation at voting out Ben because it would leave the genders 3-3 was unfounded. Even if they did vote along gender lines the next week, the tie breaker is previous votes, something Ashley already had.

However brilliantly his plan at getting everyone to fight is working, it's killing them in the challenges since they have no chemistry.

That tribal council argument between Jaison and Ben was high-larious. I sided with Ben in one area: Yasmin was the first to get up in his face in the previous episode over something she shouldn't have gotten up in his face about. It worked though--put him on tilt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Russell showed a lot of sense when he let Ben go. At first he seemed to think that as long as he could keep Ben without it being noticable, it put a great big target in the group that kept attention off of him. But he realized Ben was too unpopular and he was willing to go with the tide. Most of the time when a player gets some control they use it up too quickly, get overconfident, and get kicked off the next episode. Russell is showing he has the sense to back off when it's to his long term advantage.

His problem now though is he may have damaged his tribe too much. He's got to start thinking merge or it's going to be difficult to negotiate his way into a strong position when he's on the wrong end of a numbers battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Russel's hesitation at voting out Ben because it would leave the genders 3-3 was unfounded. Even if they did vote along gender lines the next week, the tie breaker is previous votes, something Ashley already had.

No it's not, and it hasn't been that way for over 10 seasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
How old is these recorded? I ask because of the tsunami there this week They lucked out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The current season of the show was filmed in the summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponderosa was destroyed, but the current, and next, season, both filmed in Samoa, were out by the time it hit - some crew members were still around, but they survived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Russel's hesitation at voting out Ben because it would leave the genders 3-3 was unfounded.

That was just a smokescreen. He was looking for any reason that might stick.

Traditionally the "blindside-the-guy-with-the-idol" happens post merge. It was still stupid of Russell to tell anyone. He's clearly vain. Waiting until the season aired to show off how smart he was in finding it without any clues wasn't quick enough - he needed to stroke his ego by showing others. Silly.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.