Popular Tags: [View All]
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squad base?

some what similar to tannhauser (Without path finding)

point system for characters? weapons?

interested in seeing what they will do for the game how they will follow the video game as well as make it their own game.

hope it will be easy to create maps for it, kind of excited to create some of my own units for house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is unfortunate is that we don't know a single thing about this game yet!

Me and some friends are hoping that this game is going to be similar to Doom: The Boardgame. We think it's much better than Descent but unfortunately FFG has stopped supporting it in favor of the latter. However, if they had any unused ideas for DOOM they could perhaps put them in use here.

Anyway, let's hope we'll get some more news soon on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A pathfinder system might work well, providing cover points, etc.

I suppose they'll also have monster spawn locations, that can destroyed with a well-placed grenade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder if we can get prepainted minis like we get in Tannhauser

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kidsley
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Long Eaton, Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if they just give me tons of cool gears and locust miniatures they can put it on a monopoly board for all i care*

*not true but I would give my left nut for miniatures based on the gears of war universe*1

*1 also not true, but you could have my girlfriend if it meant I could have some miniatures.....

you get the idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizbeth
United Kingdom
banbury
oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, looking at it it has:

area movement (look at the tiles, divided by area, and cover/mantle icons and the lancers text says 'in your area')

Every player gets a unique character with an ability (I'll bet it's scenario based too)

unique die mean the shooting may be like doom in some ways (though with area movement not sure how range will work)

But the heart of it from what I can see seems to be 'order cards' which I'm guessing will be used for the main way of doing things, I suspect that this will mean co-op is mostly enforced by the fact that if you go do stuff all on your own you'll wind up dry of cards you could really use and with no one to help you while you organise your hand using some method (giving the pacing of the game probably by waiting in cover for a bit or some such)

Complete speculation, but it looks cool, and my friends like the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.