Popular Tags: [View All]
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if this is an expansion I can buy to add on with my base game or does this expansion require all the previous expansions? I read somewhere that this does not have any plastic figures. Does that mean I can't play without the other expansions? But in case I can play what part of fun would I miss out on?

Which expansion would you all recommend me to start off with?

Thanks and Regards,
Madhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own all expansions, and can honestly say that the Road to Legend is by far the most game-altering. It changes your single-descent games into something much more akin to old-school Warhammer Quest or even HeroQuest - a campaign.

It does not require anything but the base game, what the expansions add is more variety. But you can easily play partway into a Road to Legend campaign, and then buy and incorporate another expansion hallway through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nite Wolf
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it does not require other expansions to go along with. however, it does limit the options in the dungeons if you only have the base set. given a campaign takes quite a while to play tho, you can indeed include new expansion on the fly with relative ease.

about which expansion to get there are a ton of threads on these forums about it. short answer AoD or WoD, both usually get about equal votes for first expansion to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the last expansion Descent: The Tomb of Ice does contain RtL specific stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.