Subject: RTL questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brando sarrapede
United States
New York
flag msg tools
ive come across a few questions as we continue to play the expansion RTL

1. can lieutenants travel together and lay each put siege tokens o a city to destroy it faster? if so do they both roll for a surge on the power enchance die?

2. in lieutenant battles, am i able to spawn my pieces right next to the exit and run away on my first turn? also does my lieutenant spawn by itself or do i start with its minions?

3. am i limited to a certain number of lieutenants on the map at one time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
All answers are from the top of my head, so I would like clarification from other users:

1) Yes they can travel together, yes they each add a siege token, no you do not roll double.

2) Yes you are, knowing that the Heroes goes first in most cases. You will however give the heroes some rewards, and if I do not remember incorrectly, you lieutenant flees all the way to your stronghold.

3) No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pyrofire3 wrote:

Yes, sort of. There are three lts that can be used by all avatars and one special lt for each (and the Beastman Lord has two special lts). So the practical limit is four lts (five for the Beastman Lord).

By the way, there is a lot of RtL info in the RtL forums. If you are new to the game, you might want to browse those forums soon. And get the Descent FAQ from the FFG website. It's a must have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pyrofire3 wrote:
ive come across a few questions as we continue to play the expansion RTL

1. can lieutenants travel together and lay each put siege tokens o a city to destroy it faster? if so do they both roll for a surge on the power enchance die?

2. in lieutenant battles, am i able to spawn my pieces right next to the exit and run away on my first turn? also does my lieutenant spawn by itself or do i start with its minions?

others have answered correctly but some extra notes...

1. Lts don't roll for sieges (which is why they don't both roll). Check the turn sequence on pg10. Resolving sieges is Step 2, Lt actions are during Step 3.

2. Note that if a Lt flees the encounter immediately ends in a Party Victory (pg 16), so you don't get to fight on with the minions.

3. Note that you can't purchase additional Lts with the free starting XP. (rules are unclear, both suggesting you can't and suggesting you can, FAQ clears it up that you cannot).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.