Subject: Elfes - when I will be able to play them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just wondering how much of the battle packs will be needed to make high and dark elfes races playable and what about their weakness compared to the four default races?

Even if there will be 20 cards in each battle pack for elfes we will need at least 5 of them to come to make even small 50 cards deck for each of the elf races. And what about their weakness? They will probably be much weaker then, for example orcs with 70-80 different cards to choose from after several battle packs and 40 cards form the core set.

I understand that all we can do is guessing but maybe some of you, my fellow geeks knows the LCGs better than I am and has some ideas how the FFG will solve this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is putting out a "booster set" sometime in the near future (was originally slated for "Fall 2009", IIRC) which is going to be comprised primarily of the elven factions

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CovertDad wrote:
FFG is putting out a "booster set" sometime in the near future (was originally slated for "Fall 2009", IIRC) which is going to be comprised primarily of the elven factions

ninja

Yep, there will be a smaller "Elf" core set containing preconstructed decks for the High and Dark Elves as well as their respective capital boards. Let's hope it comes soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at how the Core Set has just been released, I believe we are looking at a "winter" release for the Companion set (FFG's name for the Elf expansion).

Even if my fears are realized, and the Fall release does not materialize, let us hope it's early winter rather than late winter/early spring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The elf "starter" set isn't even on FFG's list of upcoming releases. Unfortunately, I think that means next spring at the very earliest. A shame, since I wanted to play high elves...

(OTOH, I'd be happy to hear from anyone who has better news to share.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the rulebook for the game mentions a Warhammer: Invasion Companion Set that will release Dark & High Elves in force. My guess is late-Spring, mid-Summer (perhaps even GenCon). I'm looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.