Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: GameConMemphis [+] [View All]
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for your great support. This past weekend at GameCon Memphis we sold our 100th game! Of course this will only encourage me and continue to drive my wife crazy - but she may be starting to come around. 100 is a hard number to dismiss...

Here is Dawn with her purchase of Virulant! that I signed and marked as the 100th GI game sold.

Onward!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Virulent?

Please describe the game, in some depth. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,

thanks for your interest. Virulant! is misspelled intentionally.

We have 3 games; Tacticum (abstract strategy with roman legion theme), Scarabs & Scorpions (dice rolling fun-for-all-ages game, Egyptian theme) and Virulant! (strategy, placement science lab theme).

It was a combination of sales amongst all 3 that got us to our 100th sale.

Virulant! is a battle for control of the Petri dish. The winner is the first to get all 10 of their "spores" into the dish. Part of the trick is that on your turn you place 2 spores in and they must be placed to that they are connected (but they dont have to be connected to previous plays). Certain placements will "capture" or force your opponents spores off the board to then try and be played again.

We are working on an expansion that we will release through the Gamealogical Newsletter and the website for printing out and adding another dimension to the game. In fact, we are doing this with all of our games so far. The other 2 games have theirs coming out first.

Onward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Tony, and good luck to you and your company. I have to tell you, I'm very impressed by your comments entry for Virulant!. You rated the game a 7.5 and had this to say:

>>>Disclosure: I am the designer and publisher. This is a fairly inexpensive game that I designed to ensure there was something at a low price for the younger crowd at conventions. Like many strategy games however, it is easy to get drawn in and say "wait a minute, lets play one more. I think I know what to do now".

You could easily have rated this a 10 with the same comment and I would have still thought you were being fair. Hey, it's your game and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a little self-promotion, especially considering your disclosure.

Consider me impressed. I look forward to checking out your work...

Added: I see you've actually rated none of your 3 games a 10. There others are rated a touch higher but none at maximum. They also look like interesting games. Now you can also consider me intrigued...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil,
thanks! there is still so much to learn about "all things gaming"!

I am trying to get together our next newsletter and have a special deal to celebrate the 100th sale. I think it will be the "Convention special" that we usually run; all 3 games for $25. (shipping in one box will also reduce postage)

Tacticum is the game that is starting to develop some following - I am getting lots of good feedback from players. In fact I am waiting on more components to put the next run together, my last one just went to Missouri this morning!

Onward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.