Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all ~

So a thrift store find that I passed up (stupidly) has me intrigued as to the world of HeroScape. However, I am stricken with the issue of not wanting to jump in head on and spend full retail on a game I may or may not enjoy. This, coupled with the fact that I know precisely ZERO HeroScapers poses a problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to get in to HeroScape cheap? Or perhaps a way to try online? Anyone live in the Wisconsin area and want to introduce me to the wonders of this game? Perhaps someone has extra HeroScape swag lying around to bestow at a low low price upon an inquisitive newbie?

Anyhow...suggestions as to how to get started.....aaaaaaand go!

Thanks,

~Slaqr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Cool Stuff Inc http://www.coolstuffinc.com/ Has the Master Set for $27.99 that's actually a really good price for what you get.

If you decide you don't like it you could probably resell it for close to what you paid if everything is present and in great condition.

Also the new master set Heroscape Master Set: Battle for the Underdark may have more interest for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have more luck getting a conversation about this up and going over on heroscapers.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Madison, WI NHSD event

When:
October 17th from Noon to 5pm-ish.

Where:
Misty Mountain
4672 Cottage Grove Road
Madison, WI 53716
608-441-0312
http://www.mistymountaingames.com/madison/?page_id=4

NHSD = National Heroscape Day

It's a tournament... so you won't necessarily be able to play (unless someone would loan you an army). But it would be a great place both to see the game in play and connect with folks who can give you a great introduction to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
Hey all ~

So a thrift store find that I passed up (stupidly) has me intrigued as to the world of HeroScape. However, I am stricken with the issue of not wanting to jump in head on and spend full retail on a game I may or may not enjoy. This, coupled with the fact that I know precisely ZERO HeroScapers poses a problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to get in to HeroScape cheap? Or perhaps a way to try online? Anyone live in the Wisconsin area and want to introduce me to the wonders of this game? Perhaps someone has extra HeroScape swag lying around to bestow at a low low price upon an inquisitive newbie?

Anyhow...suggestions as to how to get started.....aaaaaaand go!

Thanks,

~Slaqr

Here is another thread about this issue. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/433402

I was able to get in when Kmart was selling off master sets at $4 a piece. I bought 8 then I had to own everything... now I do...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
basilmichael wrote:
I was able to get in when Kmart was selling off master sets at $4 a piece. I bought 8 then I had to own everything... now I do...

$4 for a Master Set?!?!?!

Unbelievable! I feel a little gypped, paying $25-40 per set. *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manutd03 wrote:
basilmichael wrote:

$4 for a Master Set?!?!?!

Unbelievable! I feel a little gypped, paying $25-40 per set. *sigh*

Well I paid top dollar to acquire everything else... so don't feel to bad... the worst was buying or trading for all the exclusives.... now they are being release for pennies... you win some and you loose some...

They do make for some great pictures though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
basilmichael wrote:
Well I paid top dollar to acquire everything else... so don't feel to bad... the worst was buying or trading for all the exclusives.... now they are being release for pennies... you win some and you loose some...

Well, good point. I never bought the exclusives, so I'm happy they're being released next month as a special Wave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.