Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got around to buying an avatar, but I have no idea what to do next, how big the image ought to be, etc. My searches all produced a huge number of items that didn't address the issue. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reed
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwindsor wrote:
I finally got around to buying an avatar, but I have no idea what to do next, how big the image ought to be, etc. My searches all produced a huge number of items that didn't address the issue. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

If you click the "Edit Avatar" link from your User Profile it'll give you details on the format and size. Basically, it's GIF or JPEG and up to 64x64.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/avatar

"Avatars can be animated or still and have a size limit of 64 x 64 pixels, images larger than this are resized. Avatar files must take up no more than 100kb."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mirkes
United States
La Crosse
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Papa was a rollin' stone...
mbmbmbmbmb
When you click on the "Edit Avatar" button (in your profile; click on your user name in the header bar to get there), there's a short list of the limitations on size for your avatar.

If you need more detail than that, look here.

[Edit: I type too slowly.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a really silly avatar question (with a likely obvious answer) that I'd like to add.

The 'Geek's avatar help page mentions that you have to "contribute content" before you can purchase an avatar. Does that mean content as in the content we add by simply posting, thumbing, and rating, or does it mean that I have to write a review, or add pictures to the gallery, or something first? I'm assuming that I'm fine for trying to purchase an avatar, but I wanted to double check before attempting to spend the GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you have the GG you can purchase an avatar. Contributing to the site is the way most people earn that GG.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.