Subject: It's October, still not up for pre order? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dru Dailey
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told that they would be up for preorder as early as 30 days before the shipping date. Looks like we'll have to wait til X-mas, before we actually recieve it. Hopefully they will release a free Web Scenerio for Halloween. Cross your fingers.:zombie:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered it from Cardhaus quite a while ago, and I've also seen it available for preorder at Thoughthammer, so it's probably available elsewhere.

It would be nice to get some more specifics on the game, and a more exact release date, but we'll just have to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hopefully they will release a free Web Scenerio for Halloween.

If my records are correct, FFP released two web scenarios in 2007 and none in 2008.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's likely that they're saving any extra scenarios for the long-awaited scenario book. They had mentioned that coming out in 2008 at one point, but obviously that's taken a back seat to ATOE and these new LNOE expansions. Hopefully we'll see it before too long, though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmb
I pre-order games quite a bit and share a similar difficulty in getting updated information on release dates. Here is a URL that list game releases by company. I find it useful, though not always specific.

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/C50/

I hope you will find it a good source of what is coming and when it might be available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Quote:
Hopefully they will release a free Web Scenerio for Halloween.

If my records are correct, FFP released two web scenarios in 2007 and none in 2008.

Last Halloween they released the Delion Dryan villain for A Touch of Evil, instead.

(Thanks again, Flying Frog!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dru Dailey
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus and ThoughtHammer? I was thinking that Flying Frog Web Store would let you pre order them there. I wasnt around when AToE or LnoE were released. Were they items that could be pre orderer or did they just pop up when they were ready to ship them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Daley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Undying1 wrote:
Cardhaus and ThoughtHammer? I was thinking that Flying Frog Web Store would let you pre order them there. I wasnt around when AToE or LnoE were released. Were they items that could be pre orderer or did they just pop up when they were ready to ship them.

Yeah, you could at least pre-order Growing Hunger. I don't remember if ATOE was pre-order or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dru Dailey
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^Thanks zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Release Date
Mr. Hill

Can you give us a real release date so we know what to expect.

thanks,

your loyal fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
troupkevin wrote:
Mr. Hill

Can you give us a real release date so we know what to expect.

thanks,

your loyal fan.

Normally, Mary Beth posts a thread on the Geek as soon as the items are available at the FFP webstore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes but we as fans want to know so i have a day to look forword to, i am hoping for before halloween cause i plan on playing LNOE that night and i can speak for a lot of people that we want it before than

thanks again your loyal fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dru Dailey
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With there not being a release date set were thinking it could be anyday now. Instead of letting us know a specific date they rather us not know, leaving us unable to plan, prepare or save up for it. Like it will be out by x mas so you could recieve or get it for someone as a present. I just wanna be able to plan around a specific date. That way bills, ect. wont get in the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i wanna play on halloween night being it is the night of zombies, death, and horror.......HAHAHA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Li
Canada
flag msg tools
I was hoping to have the expansion packs before Halloween so I can play them on Halloween. As it is right now, if they don't come out soon, that's going to be one sale lost for FFP. I have money set aside for the games, but there is a lot of other stuff I would like to spend my money on like Left 4 Dead 2.

They could at least tell us if it's delayed, or something. But right now, the money I have set aside for it, I'll probably end up using for other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did on the main Last Night on Earth forum and its bad news, bit of good news job. Hold up in production so expansions won't be released but there will be a scenario up on the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkey Prime wrote:
They did on the main Last Night on Earth forum and its bad news, bit of good news job. Hold up in production so expansions won't be released but there will be a scenario up on the website.

"won't be released"... yet... They're still coming out, hopefully by the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, yeah, my bad. Meant to write that in but looks like they just weren't coming out at all the way i wrote that. Sorry for any confusion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shields
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
why is this expansion not available for pre order through ffp proper? i don't want to pre order through thought hammer or anywhere else and find it disconcerting that the game publisher doesn't give us the option to pre order from them.... why is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rando Shields wrote:
why is this expansion not available for pre order through ffp proper? i don't want to pre order through thought hammer or anywhere else and find it disconcerting that the game publisher doesn't give us the option to pre order from them.... why is that?

Who knows, Maybe they don't want to put preorders up until they have a firm date when the game will arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
I know that gamers in general are fickle - and maybe it's b/c I'm used to delays in video game development - but the expansion not making a generic Fall 2009 date and slipping to what FFP hopes to be Winter 2009 (i.e. Holiday time) isn't months later. Now if this expansion gets delayed for a year then it would be ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies are slow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
troupkevin wrote:
ive given up, this game will never come out.i know that problems arise but if you still want your clients you will find a way to still release the product on time or within a week or two not two to three months later......crazy

Wow, if you're that pissed about this, you definitely shouldn't take up videogaming as a hobby. So Blizzard, when can we expect Diablo 3?............can you at least tell us what year you're expecting it to come out? No? Ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think anyone getting in a bunch about this delay needs to seriously lighten up... This is a zombie board game we're talking about getting released, for crying out loud, not the antidote for a worldwide pandemic. And this is the second expansion for the game. I think LNOE holds up very well with just the base game, not to mention adding Growing Hunger in there. I'm eager to get my hands on SOTF, too, but you really can't be so desperate to get it that it causes you to be obnoxiously negative towards FFP, who are surely doing their best to get their products available to the public as soon as possible, among whatever else they have going on personally and professionally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
troupkevin wrote:
ive given up, this game will never come out.i know that problems arise but if you still want your clients you will find a way to still release the product on time or within a week or two not two to three months later......crazy

thumbsdown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.