Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Tovar
United States
Bedford
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, just purchased Cavum and had a question on the setup.

Per the Preparation Section veins, tunnels and stations are added to the buy pool. However no two-exit or dynamite tiles are setup.

In Section (2E) we can use Option tiles to obtain tiles from the buy pool. My question is at what point will there be two-exit or dynamite tiles there? How do they get there? I reviewed the rules and don't see anywhere where this is addressed. I've also reviewed the FAQs on BGG to no avail. Can anyone clarify this for me? I've read the rules several times and clarified other things except this.

I would appreciate any help on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I think this answers your question (From FAQ):

EXPLOSION
Q: Does an exposed Dynamite tile destroy everything below it and adjacent to it?
A: No. Although all tiles underneath it are destroyed, adjacent tiles with Veins or Stations on them are never destroyed by Dynamite. In addition, a Dynamite tile does not destroy another Dynamite tile, but rather, each is resolved independently—one first and then the other. All tiles that are removed (including the Dynamite tiles) are placed back in the Buy Pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tovartx4 wrote:
Hi all, just purchased Cavum and had a question on the setup.

Per the Preparation Section veins, tunnels and stations are added to the buy pool. However no two-exit or dynamite tiles are setup.

In Section (2E) we can use Option tiles to obtain tiles from the buy pool. My question is at what point will there be two-exit or dynamite tiles there? How do they get there? I reviewed the rules and don't see anywhere where this is addressed. I've also reviewed the FAQs on BGG to no avail. Can anyone clarify this for me? I've read the rules several times and clarified other things except this.

I would appreciate any help on this one.

Tiles that are removed from the board because of end-of-round dynamite explosions are put into the buy pool. This is the only way the tiles you mention go there.

Only other way that tiles go to the buy pool is that when a vein is depleted of gems, the vein tile gets put into the buy pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
dkeisen wrote:
Only other way that tiles go to the buy pool is that when a vein is depleted of gems, the vein tile gets put into the buy pool.

There is one other way: in lieu of building a Station or discovering a Vein, if the player cannot or does not want to use these actions, the Vein tile or Station can be placed in the Buy Pool (each still counting as an action).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Tovar
United States
Bedford
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to break it out for the 1st time tomorrow with my group and wanted to make sure I had the basics down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.