Gaston Marty
Canada
flag msg tools

Hello everyone,

I have fully developped over the years a massively improved version of the "Air Force/Dauntless" game, still in the Avalon hill colour Data Card style, but much more accurate and intricate, available now for FREE if you E-mail me at: gaston1_01@hotmail.com

These are Corel Draw files converted to the simple PDF high-definition format, and are much better and cleaner than those I made previously, in case you have seen those...

These newer cards solve, in particular, the old game's major problem of out-of-scale, oversized maneuvers, which reduced shooting opportunities between fighters to a once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence, without any really sustained chasing...

By simply adding the "0", the maneuvers are now close to actual scale, and this completely transforms the game... Not to mention the new firing tables, reducing the agonizing "cripple" effect, the inclusion of vertical maneuvers, and a novel Advantage rule that really gives a chance to avoid the initial hits...

The available (AH-style but a bit more verbose) color Data Cards include: Me-163B, FW-190A-8, Me-109G-6, P-47D5-22, P-51B/C/D, Spitfire Mk XIV, P-38L, A6M5 Zero

To this is added two bomber Data Cards in B&W: The B-24 and the B-29.

These cards are the result of more than ten years of research, during which more than a few remarkable and unexpected discoveries were made on the relative merits of these aircrafts... In addition, the profile drawings on the upper right are all newly-made in 1/144 scale, as most previous profile B&W drawings are riddled with inaccuracies(!).

Anyone who liked Avalon hill's colorized version (inherently superior because of the easy memorisation of the performance break-points, as the Avalon Hill version's game designer, Kevin Zucker, pointed out to me) should like these new cards, and all the accurate and intricate extra info they bring...

Gaston
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.