tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
RE-stock does not intrinsically mean re-print. It's likely just the distribution chain evening itself out.

Many places where under-subscribed compared to their stock levels. The market will now seek to correct this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway...

Seems to be more copies out there than first impression. The hoarding monopolist capitalist smart ass money makers must now burn their stock and keep on buying. gulp

It is really a tough world....
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I may weep openly for their losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
If this really happens, good! Everyone is having a hard enough time in today's economy without gamers scalping one another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's funny that everybody openly bashes those people that bought the game to sell for a profit, but somebody is still buying from them keeping the wheels in motion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
Anyway...

Seems to be more copies out there than first impression. The hoarding monopolist capitalist smart ass money makers must now burn their stock and keep on buying. gulp

It is really a tough world....
whistle

That's almost a real sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wene
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not much of a chance of a reprint. Last time I checked the GW website, they had already started removing all the Space Hulk information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hultgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
Reprint is pretty much out. But there are quite alot of places that ordered more then they have sold. Mostly in the US I understand. UK ran out pretty fast and the rest of EU. I guess some US stores may be returning unsold boxes and thus generate some new stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy English
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Znail wrote:
Reprint is pretty much out. But there are quite alot of places that ordered more then they have sold. Mostly in the US I understand. UK ran out pretty fast and the rest of EU. I guess some US stores may be returning unsold boxes and thus generate some new stock.

Interesting, our GW store said they got in 55 copies and were sold out within days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Logistics on this game have been all over the map. We've seen reports of:

a) Stores with lots of copies and barely any sold
b) Stores with lots of copies and all of them sold quickly
c) Stores with few copies and all sold
d) Stores with few copies and still one / a few left

I suspect that GW had to make some assumptions as to demand both in North America as well as Europe (and possibly used the preorder info to decide where to send the store copies) and ended up making a few wrong choices.

Some of those stock inequities are now being sorted out, to better mate up inventory with demand.

I still expect the game to be gone from store shelves by Christmas...

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Rodman
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
I strolled through my local GW today and they had 7 copies stacked up in the window and 3 on the shelf in the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Sytsma
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to the games workshop in Great lakes crossing mall (near Detroit MI)about a week ago and picked up 2 copies, they had about 10 left, for $99 a piece. I was told that in a few days any copies they had left were going to be shipped to Chicago since they were sold out there. I would agree with PatK that inventory is being redistributed, and that if you want it grab it while you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to a local GS recently that told me that they were going to get some in, but they didn't know when. I was all set to reserve a copy when they told me the price of the units coming in the next shipment was going to be somewhere between $150 and $200 because of what they had to pay to obtain them.

That suggests to me that the distribution channel has run dry, and that independent stores are not expected to get their inventory resupplied.

Don't know if this is the case this time at thoughthammer, but I've seen them post similar messages in the past when a product has gone out of print. I wouldn't necessarily expect this message to indicate that they have knowledge that every else doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hultgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
Well, quite alot of game stores have no qualms about offering up preorders without any knowledge of when or even if a game is coming out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.