Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game and tried to play it last night but I had some serious doubts about it. If someone could help...

#1 Features on the cards and cards that activate those features.
There are certain symbols on the bottom left side of cards that can be activated by the player who plays that card if:
a) He and only he plays one of the activating events?
b) Any one player plays one of the activating events?

#1.1 If a player plays an event in a previous round does that event can be activated in the current round too or the only possible way to activate any event is to play it in the current round?

#2 Players only score for the colour or colours played in the current round righ? But all the previous cards played score too or only the one just played?

#2.1 And if someone had played a preventive scoring card of a particular color does that card influence the following scorings of the following rounds? Let's admit that a player plays a card that prevents the economic issue scoring (blue) in the second round. On the 3rd round, if someone wants to score the blue colour does that previous card played in the second round continues to prevent the blue scoring or not?

Thanks
Paulo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My humble opinions:

#1.:
b)

#1.1.:
Cards (events) are activated by playing, but they are still on the table for the rest of the year. Some special features are still triggered by cards placed in former rounds, but the event itself is only triggered once.

#2:
Only the card(s) played in this round are scored. They still influence the year until its end, though, after which they are all discraded.

#2.2:
The rules are unambiguous here, I think. Special features like this only apply on cards played on the same round.

Hope, this helps (and I am right).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi Autio
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Indeed Daniel is right. The whole idea why the cards remain on the table is to activate bonuses on the future cards, but during a round you only check the cards that was played. So you don't ever go back looking for features, bonuses or others on cards you played earlier. The earlier cards matter only if they give you bonuses or features on the cards you played this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both.

I still have some minor doubts but I'll try to play once more to clean up a few things. I just think that the rules are writen in a too simplistic way. This is probably only a personal opinion since no one else posts rules' questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still confused. If only the current round's cards affect anything, why do they remain on the table? What would be a very specific example of a card that would still be in effect after the round in which it was played?

Another question...

You're supposed to stack cards with the cheapest laws on top, going down to the most expensive. But it sounds in the rules as though you get to pick any law of the current level (cheap, next, more, or most expensive). In other words, are you restricted to just the topmost card to purchase or can you pick any card of the same price? If you're stuck with only the topmost card, then how do you decide who must purchase first? And if someone must go before others, doesn't that revoke the tiebreaker rule if two players want the same card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi Autio
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The cards remain on the table to create those bonus points. In other words, let's say you played a Feminism on last round. Now I play Equality. Your previous card triggers a bonus for me.

For claritys sake you never have to go through previous cards as only the cards that was just now played are checked. It would be very chaotic if you had to check each card after every round if there's combos or other features that get triggered on.

The other question:
First you just organise the deck for two reasons: To keep the space required by the game to a minimum and yet still make it easy to browse through the deck and see which 1st level or second level laws are still available.
But yeah, you can choose which law you you buy/push through. And indeed, in case of tie, the one who has more points in that value gets to choose first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.