Subject: Meeplemart Canadian Retailer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
I just wanted to post a review of this retailer as I recently purchased a few games (Agricola, Endeavor, Pandemic and both Race for the Galaxy expansions). I live in BC and this retailer is based out of Ontario. I decided to place an order there 2 weeks ago after seeing that they had Agricola for the lowest price. I don't care what some of you say, I would rather spend $25 less on a game than get it from a local game store. I was quite impressed with Steve (the owner I think), we communicated by email and he let me know how long it would take to get items back in stock and when there was a delay he offered to upgrade the shipping to Canadapost expedited at no additional cost. All of the games arrived in perfect condition and I am just waiting for a rainy day or one when my girlfriend doesn't have a ton of homework to start playing. I wanted to post a thread about this retailer because I was quite pleased with the customer service provided and I would recommend this retailer to anyone ordering games online in Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I've had good experiences here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to shop around when it comes to buying games online. I compare the price of the game and especially the shipping costs. I'm not sure what's best, flat rate or free shipping (you have to buy for a certain amount) and there is always a lot of numbers crunching when deciding who gets my business. I live in New Brunswick and sometimes it's cheaper for me to order from the US (when the exchange rate is good). The only thing I will no longer do is pre-order. I've had bad experience with that including a price difference charged to my credit card. I would rather buy a game when it's available at the store for immediate shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jean
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
I like to shop around when it comes to buying games online. I compare the price of the game and especially the shipping costs. I'm not sure what's best, flat rate or free shipping (you have to buy for a certain amount) and there is always a lot of numbers crunching when deciding who gets my business. I live in New Brunswick and sometimes it's cheaper for me to order from the US (when the exchange rate is good). The only thing I will no longer do is pre-order. I've had bad experience with that including a price difference charged to my credit card. I would rather buy a game when it's available at the store for immediate shipping.

And what about Meeplemart?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stinnissen
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just recently purchased Agricola, Battlestar Galactica, and Pandemic: On The Brink from Meeplemart. Meeplemart had by far the best prices for these games in all of Toronto. I'm new to Toronto, so I shopped around to virtually every place that I could find in the city. Agricola was $40 cheaper at Meeplemart than at some of the other places in Toronto, and Battlestar Galactica was the best price that I could find anywhere in Canada. The service was excellent - prompt, informative, and very helpful. Everything is very competitively priced, and if you find anything priced cheaper - he offers to match. I will always check here before buying anywhere else. 10/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Creighton
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Meeplemart will no longer price match (i just called a few seconds ago), and their prices are consistently higher than 401 Games, where i usually shop. Guy on the phone was unapologetic about it (and a touch unfriendly).

These are the games i was looking at:

Clank! $50.95 (401) $53.95 (MM)
Clank! Sunken Treasures Expansion $20.95 (401) $21.95 (MM)

That's a (nearly) 6% and 5% difference at Meeplemart for each respective game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Untoldent wrote:
Meeplemart will no longer price match (i just called a few seconds ago), and their prices are consistently higher than 401 Games, where i usually shop. Guy on the phone was unapologetic about it (and a touch unfriendly).

These are the games i was looking at:

Clank! $50.95 (401) $53.95 (MM)
Clank! Sunken Treasures Expansion $20.95 (401) $21.95 (MM)

That's a (nearly) 6% and 5% difference at Meeplemart for each respective game.

Why would they price match that right now when they have a 10% off sale going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Meeplemart, also live in BC and have ordered from them a few times. A good experience every time.

I do use greatboardgames and Bliss much more frequently, however. One because Meeple does not allow hold-for-more orders, and two because their prices are generally just a touch higher than the other two and 401games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
They don't have holds and have a restrictive $200 free shipping policy so I rarely order form them anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
EViLMiKE wrote:
I have just recently purchased Agricola, Battlestar Galactica, and Pandemic: On The Brink from Meeplemart. Meeplemart had by far the best prices for these games in all of Toronto. I'm new to Toronto, so I shopped around to virtually every place that I could find in the city. Agricola was $40 cheaper at Meeplemart than at some of the other places in Toronto, and Battlestar Galactica was the best price that I could find anywhere in Canada. The service was excellent - prompt, informative, and very helpful. Everything is very competitively priced, and if you find anything priced cheaper - he offers to match. I will always check here before buying anywhere else. 10/10

Of course if you compare Brick and Mortar stores to Online you will always get better prices online. If you deal in person I bet you can get price matches but a lot of us do not live in the GTA,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.