Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve C.
United States
Hudson
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been solo-ing a few scenarios to see if I grasp the rules, and #3 Sword Beach brought up a question I can't seem to find an answer to.

The Bunker rules (p16) say:
Remove 1 Artillery figure for each retreat flag rolled against an Artillery unit in a bunker.

The very next Bunker rule says:
A unit in a Bunker may ignore the first flag rolled against it.

So the question is (I may be over thinking this)

If I battle with Infantry (2 dice because of bunker defense) would 2 retreat flags empty the bunker with artillery (per the first bunker rule above).

Or would only 1 artillery be removed (per the second rule above.)

Seems a little contradictory so I thought I'd try to get some other opinions.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bunker allows the Artillery to ignore 1 retreat flag each time it's attacked, so in your example you would only destroy 1 artillery figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules are mutually compatible. All units ignore the first flag rolled against them. But IF there is a flag rolled against them is not discarded (e.g. the second flag), then units must retreat as normal. Since Artillery units in the bunker cannot move, they take a hit for the flag as if they were retreating against impassable terrain, hence the -1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Air power is a good card to play against artillery in a bunker cos it can't ignore flags for that... Also the 4 dice artillery barrage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.