Android» Forums » General

Subject: Floyd's plot "I will do as you say." ridiculously hard? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll quote here how he gets baggage

"Honor
Floyd gains one good baggage when he places evidence on a suspect.

Cowardice
Floyd gains on bad baggage each time a lead is placed in a ritzy location."

-----

Huh? How can that plot not fail? Of course players will put leads in ritzy locations if it screws another player's plot. There's no way this plot could end happily. We played with 3 players and about the only time he didn't get bad baggage was when he placed the leads himself. And I suspect it will be even worse with more players.

Am I missing something here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Placing leads is still restricted by type and neighborhood considerations. So while it is very easy to gather bad baggage, those options to do so will dry up. Plus, other players need to wiegh if giving you bad baggage is more important than keeping evidence away from other players.

The other offset is you can choose this plot or go for the other branch, She other one has a higher risk-reward so you may want to take your chances with that. Otherwise you will need to fight hard to gain the +3 VP vs. losing the 1 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I found that the decision of where to place the lead was often like "well, might as well put it in a ritzy location". We did played type and district restrictions right. But maybe it's different with more players or something..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
There's the same issue with Rachel's "See What You Can Dig Up" plot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Floyd does potentially have a fair amount of control over where the leads go (or don't go, at least). For example, he can follow up yellow leads; there's only one ritzy yellow location, so, if there's already a lead on the Starlight Crusade, or if the player to his right is in that district, than he'll be forced to put it somewhere else. And unless that player is in East NA, one or the other of blue and green will be about as good. Purple is also surprisingly non-ritzy.
Also, if one of the other players is Raymond, he should think twice about moving all the leads into ritzy locations anyways. Grab a few of his dark cards and show him why. devil

But yeah, it's a tricky plot. Really, one should only Do As She Says if the increased likelihood of a (low-cost) sad ending will hurt one less than the loss of favor-opportunities and one's third directive. ...Which is frequently the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.