Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
11.10 Evasive Action
This card may be played during the Defense step.
Evasive Action stops any one Attack targeting the fleet.

What does that mean? Canceling one Salvo Card? Canceling one Torpedo attack from a sub? Canceling an Air raid?

Whats legal and what is not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris carleton
Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played that it can cancel one attack of any form. I wasn't able to find anything more specific in the rules so that's how we've played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
ccarlet1 wrote:
We've played that it can cancel one attack of any form. I wasn't able to find anything more specific in the rules so that's how we've played it.
That's my recollection, although I don't have a copy of the game handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What I do: Evasive Action can cancel any gun or torpedo attack, but not an air strike (either land or carrier based). Ships can't outmaneuver aircraft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
cerulean wrote:
... Ships can't outmaneuver aircraft.
But they can be in rain squalls which is why the Japanese still had one fully operational carrier left at Midway after the US strike. Not saying this is how the card works, just pointing out it can happen meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cerulean wrote:
What I do: Evasive Action can cancel any gun or torpedo attack, but not an air strike (either land or carrier based). Ships can't outmaneuver aircraft.

I've always looked at it (from canceling an Air Strike) as the ships were not where the pilots thought they were and had to RTB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.