Netherlands
OudBeijerland
Nederland
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Arno,

I am interested in getting Carson City when it comes out. I read the rules and had a couple of questions. Would you be the person to ask? if yes, please read on.

On page 4, is the parcel purchase square an automatic action similar to the estate income? meaning you don't have to put a cowboy on it to use the feature? And is it carried out in player order?

On page 4, Can duels occur on the Building Construction squares? I assume yes, but because there isn’t the term “The player who wins this action….” I wasn’t sure.

On page 6, Income for the Ranch is $1 per neighboring free parcel. Does free parcel mean empty parcels (no property tiles and no buildings/mountains on it)? I'm confused about "no matter the owner of the free parcel" What does that mean?

On page 6, for the church, "all building of yours directly adjacent to the church can not be attacked" Does directly adjacent mean the same as neighboring? (orthogonally and diagonally connected to the church)

On page 7, if someone selects the Sheriff personality, does that white cowboy get played alone, or does it need to be accompanied by one of the player’s cowboy from his personal reserve?

Finally, I noticed in the Might is Right variant, fire power tiles get discarded after the duel. In the regular game, are revolver chips discarded after a duel? (Will you ever lose revolver chips after getting them, with the exception of the 3 revolver chip, that gets put back after ever turn)?

I hope my questions make sense. Please let me know if they don’t. Thanks. I look forward to hearing back from you and can’t wait till the game comes out.

Cheers,
Carmen

Hello Carmen,

I will try to answer your questions. Yesterday I have played the game on a beautiful factory sample so the rules are clear (again) to me.

On page 4: The parcel purchase square is indeed similar to the estate income square. You do not place cowboys on these squares. But remember: you put your cowboys on the map of Carson City during the action phase. In the next phase the parcel purchase square remembers you on what point of time and at what costs you can buy your parcels.The rules say nothing about who is buying first. You can do this in player order in my opinion.

On page 4: In fact nearly on all action squares duels are possible, except for the 2 actions squares on top ($4 and 1 road). Sure it is possible to duel for constructing a building. You can even duel for buying a parcel of land or duel to attack (and defend) a building!

On page 6: All parcels count on which there are no houses, buildings or mountains. If there is a parcel tile of the same or another player with no house, building or mountain on top of it, this counts as $1 for the ranch.

On page 6: Yes, you are right. 9 parcels are protected by the church.

On page 7: It is played alone. The player has thus an extra cowboy he can use on one of the action boxes or on the map of Carfson City.

Finally: No, you keep your revolver chips in front of you. Only the special 3 revolver chip goes back at the board.

I have played the might is right variant yesterday. Instead of using the dice when duelling, 6 duel tiles (per player) are used. This is an interesting aspect of the game.

I hope I have answered you questions well enough. Do you agree that I will publish the questions and answers on BGG?

Kind Regards,

Arno Quispel
Quined-QWG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mb
Hi.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, but i'm not english. I have readed the german and the english rules, but i don't understand the difference between the yellow and the red side of the Sheriff card. As i read, he can't take part in a duel, can't attack a building, and he must be played on an cowboy-free action square or parcel, in both case. What is the difference then? With the yellow side, he can't attack, and can't be attacked by others, and with the red side, he also can't attack, but can be attacked (and he receives 3 victory point for every lost duel)?
Is that right? Can someone explain it to me?
I am thankful for the help.
Bye.

F

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Quispel
Netherlands
OudBeijerland
Nederland
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This is the difference:

on the yellow side the player who has chosen the sheriff use the extra (white) cowboy. He may place this cowboy on any action box or on the map of Carson City. However, he may not place this cowboy on a box/parcel where there already is a cowboy and nobody may place a cowboy where the white cowboy stands.

on the red side the player does not use the white cowboy. Thus he has no extra cowboy to use. The player who has chosen the sheriff cannot attack but it is possible to attack him. Every time this player looses a duel, he gains victory points.

I hope this is clear enough.

Thanks.

Arno Quispel
Quined-QWG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Nyberg
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happen if there is a duel on a building and the winner of the duel don't have enough money to pay for the building?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loïc Guglielmino
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actions are not compulsory. The winner doesn't pay for the building.
He doesn't put it on the board, so he doesn't put a house on a board. He does nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.