David Willems
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I still use CPs on a Marines' turn even after the timer runs out?

The rulebook states that a marine can't move diagonally into a space that is surrounded on both sides by an obstruction such as a piece or a wall, wouldn't this suggest that a SM can't move diagonally into a hallway (that branches to the left say) since it has a wall on both sides?

If a SM that is causing a GS to lurk gets replaced with a new SM, does the "lurking" rule reset for one more round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwillems wrote:

I do not think so. You may finish the action that was already started, and then the GS do their turn.

dwillems wrote:

The rulebook states that a marine can't move diagonally into a space that is surrounded on both sides by an obstruction such as a piece or a wall, wouldn't this suggest that a SM can't move diagonally into a hallway (that branches to the left say) since it has a wall on both sides?

You may not do this:

SM ##
## []

(## = Obstacle, [] free space, SM = Space Marine)

You may not move to the free space. But the rule is only for this case, where the obstacles are diagonal to each other.

dwillems wrote:

If a SM that is causing a GS to lurk gets replaced with a new SM, does the "lurking" rule reset for one more round?

I am not 100% sure, but I think the lurking is supposed to delay the GS for one turn only. So neither the presence of the same SM nor a new SM could prolong the enforced lurking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
dwillems wrote:

I am not 100% sure, but I think the lurking is supposed to delay the GS for one turn only. So neither the presence of the same SM nor a new SM could prolong the enforced lurking.

As long as there is any SM within six spaces of the entry point, any new GS blip placed at that entry point would have to "lurk." There is no further impact on a GS blip that is already "lurking" at that entry point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Willems
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vezner
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dwillems wrote:

No.

Quote:

Not sure I understand the question. If you're talking about an unobstructed T-junction, then you can definitely move diagonally into the side corridor. If there was a model in the actual space where the two corridors meet then no, because then you have an obstruction requiring diagonal movement past the obstruction.

Quote:

No, a genestealer that has already been lurking for a turn is unaffected by the presence of a Marine within 6 squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
kvezner wrote:
dwillems wrote:

No.

Eh? Why not? You can always use your CP, regardless if the timer ran out or not. Any AP left are lost of course. Can you point me somewhere in the manual that states otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
dwillems wrote:

Of course you can. The Command Points are there to be used during the genestealer's turn.

dwillems wrote:

Like Krüger said. You CAN move diagonally forward/right if you have an obstacle in front of you OR to your righ BUT NOT if you have an obstacle BOTH in front of you AND to your right.

dwillems wrote:

Nope. The rule is there so that you can't BOTH reinforce AND then rush in with the blip if a space marine is close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
kvezner wrote:
dwillems wrote:

No.

Eh? Why not? You can always use your CP, regardless if the timer ran out or not. Any AP left are lost of course. Can you point me somewhere in the manual that states otherwise?

You can use them, but now that your turn is over, it is the GS turn, and you can only use them in response to witnessing a GS action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
kvezner wrote:
dwillems wrote:

No.

Because you need to wait to witness a Genestealer action before you can spend CP. The original poster was talking about a situation when he runs out of time and want to do one more thing. At least I assume that was what he meant.

[EDIT: Curt just pipped me] yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, of course. To clarify then:

Once the timer has run out, you may NOT use your Command Points at will.

You may use them during the genestealer playeer's turn when, and only when, a marine has seen a genestealer doing an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I just thought he asked if he could use CP in the genestealer turn even if the timer ran out. whistle That´s why I didn´t understand your NO cause it should be a YES.

It´s OBVIOUS you can only spend them in a LEGAL way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.