Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Learning this game today. I have been getting the game and played through my first epoch. However; I run into a wall with civilization scoring. The scenario is Player 1 (me) has no civilization tiles, I understand that I lose 5 vp. Got that. Player 2 (imaginary guy ) has to civilization tiles thus recieves no points but does not lose points either. Now my question is the rules say after civilization scoring is complete they are returned to the box. If Player 2 has two tile but did not actually score anything, do they keep their tiles or is it returned to the box. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Civilization tiles are always put in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the speedy answer. I guess one more question then. When the unrest disaster tile comes into play. Say I had a civilization tile and a gold tile in my play area. Do I lose both of them or just the civilization tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here's an example of where the red X's from the Uberplay edition are beneficial to beginners. No red X, tile goes bye bye after scoring - simple. Anyhow, just remember to discard (don't return to bag!) all Ra, Civ, Flood, God, and Gold tiles at the end of each scoring and you'll be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
tikiguy wrote:
When the unrest disaster tile comes into play. Say I had a civilization tile and a gold tile in my play area. Do I lose both of them or just the civilization tile?
Disaster tiles don't affect gold tiles. A disaster tile requires you to dispose 2 tiles for the corresponding tile-type, which can be chosen from the tiles won in the auction or from previously aquired tiles. If you don't have two, dispose of the one you have, if any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'm ready to play now.....errr well. I guess if there is anyone out there that knows the rio grande version 2 player. When your on the ra track does it take 6 ra to end an epoch, or 5. The rules are not clear to me, but Looking at the board it look like 6 ra for two players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
We use this 2-player variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.