Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read through the rule book and the only thing that is holding me back from playing this game is the fact that i have no idea how to start, play out and resolve battles between players....
can anyone give me senarios of how the battle sections works and the different outcomes you can have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of combat, the attacking player draws 3 cards and the defending player draws 1 card. The attacking player picks the 1 on 1 battles for each front-line figure in battle. After that, each player chooses (if they have any) where to put supporting and left-over figures.

Then, the attacker plays (face down) a regular combat card with a reinforcement combat card, if he has one, for each battle. The defender then chooses his combat and reinforcement cards for each battle and plays them face down. Each player must play at least one regular combat card per battle.

Then each battle is resolved. If the figure in battle is on the card, then the player gets the outside strength and health. If not, he or she gets the inside numbers. Same for the reinforcement, if the combat or supporting figure matches the reinforcement card, then the bonus or ability of the reinforcement card is applied to this battle. Also the supporting figure usually provides a strength bonus to the front-line figure.

There's some other stuff to the battles, but this is the basics. I personally love the system and once you get used to it, it's not very hard to figure out.

I recommend downloading the reference guide by Universal Head.

Edit: I know this isn't a scenario or example, but maybe it'll still help with it being a little plainer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks steve, i was startin to wonder if no one would reply. ill check out that link and who knows, if all goes well i might be able to start playin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dicorato
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dan,

How are things going now? Still having problems with the combat? Everything fine? Any questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.