Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way we played it, but we can't find confirmation in the rules and we'd like to make sure about this:

No ice rolls are performed during preplanned moves, even though some of those moves may take convoys/forces into ice hexes.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Wrong, per 8.3: "For each hexside crossed that would require checking Ice Conditions [10.1], the Allied player must roll a die on the Ice Table and draw cards to check for ice damage if necessary." This is illustrated in the Extended Example of Play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't state this explicitly but I assume you have to go from pre-planned moves to regular player turns in case a convoy can't enter a hex due to pack ice?

Although I suppose sending a convoy into unconfirmed heavy drift conditions (which can turn out to be light pack) is a dumb idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
The rules don't state this explicitly but I assume you have to go from pre-planned moves to regular player turns in case a convoy can't enter a hex due to pack ice?

Correct.

Quote:
Although I suppose sending a convoy into unconfirmed heavy drift conditions (which can turn out to be light pack) is a dumb idea.

You might well think that; I couldn't possibly comment. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.