Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a scenario setup says 3x Subs, it means 1 Wolfpack with three CS of subs in it, right?

The playbook is very clear about what multipliers mean for heavy ships and light ships, but leaves things hanging where subs are concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can divide up your subs anyway you like unless it says otherwise.

Maybe you want three WPs of one each to improve chances of locating/shadowing, or maybe you want to concentrate them for a better attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Brian is correct. Note the Allied sub setup in the Extended Example of Play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do understand that warships and starting at the same location can be divided any way you like among TFs and convoys. And subs can form WP or, for the Allied player, join convoys (max of 2).

But can I assign MVs in the same port to multiple convoys? The rules prohibit voluntarily splitting up a convoy in play, but does that also apply to setup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
can I assign MVs in the same port to multiple convoys? The rules prohibit voluntarily splitting up a convoy in play, but does that also apply to setup?

You are not limited to only one Convoy per port, and in the Campaign Scenario you may have to leave some MVs behind. In fact, the Allies did this in the winter of 1942-43 when they resumed the traffic to North Russia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.