Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For years I have seen numerous posts on the subject, but now I too finally got to experience the elation many others have felt... my wife actually suggested that we buy a game.

I've been messing around with another variant for Railways of England and Wales and wanted to hunt down a book on early British railways (particularly crests and livery colors). We headed over to Coas Bookstore... one of the best used bookstores I've ever been in.

They also have a rather extensive boardgame and RPG section as well. So while I was in the historical trains section she meandered through the boardgames.

Alas, I couldn't find the book I was looking for (I'll have to settle for a copy of Carter's Britain's Railway Liveries off Amazon) so I headed over to the games. She knew I always keep an eye out for clearance Mythos boosters so she had picked up a stack of Dreamlands for me that she had found.

As we usually do we wandered through the games looking them over. Tomb caught her eye and she really liked the looks of it. She also looked over many of the Catan variants.

And then it happened... on a lower shelf was a copy of Small World that caught her eye. She picked it up, looked it over and said those words that caught me by surprise... "I think we should get this one."

As you can tell I don't exactly have a small collection, but it has always been "Well, if you want it then get it." But, to me, that is quite different from her actually suggesting that we get a game.

She has played many games and even has her favorites (Quicksand, California, Notre Dame, Lawless) but they've always been games that I picked out.

In the past when we would wander through game stores I've always tried to encourage picking out something she would like, but she would always decline.

So, tonight, Small World it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Rodman
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome, try and wrangle at least 1 more player for that one. It can get pretty cutthroat between just 2, unless that's your thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy!

Smallworld is a fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.