Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a confusion between Spanish and English rules.
I think that 'hostile areas' refers to areas with bad climate, wild beasts and indians. These areas trigger attrition if two or more regiments stop there.

In the OP costs table, it says that entering a hostile area costs 2 OP instead of one. Is this 'hostile area' an area with attrition?

In the English rules there is a sentence in rule 5 that says that regiments can move across areas controlled by the enemy but that that costs 1 OP extra (so a total cost of 2 OP). This extra cost is not mentioned in the Spanish rules. Are the English rules not ok?

So, in brief, which are the costs to enter
a. a normal zone
b. an attrition zone
c. a zone controlled by the enemy

???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bosch
Spain
Girona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case that the answer to the previous post would be to pay an extra OP when moving across areas whehre enemie forces are present (english version of the rules) it means that:

a) You pay the extra OP when entering an area where there are enemy forces
b) You pay the extra OP when leaving an area where there are enemy forces
c) You pay the extra OP when entering and leaving an area with enemies in the same activation
d) a and b both are correct (so it means that in case C you pay 2 extra points, one for entering and another for leaving).

I think the answer is c) but I would like a confirmation...

In case the answer is c), does the +1 Op apply if you enter, battle (not elminating the unit) and exiting an area in the same impulse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Perez Ron
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marticabre wrote:
I think that 'hostile areas' refers to areas with bad climate, wild beasts and indians. These areas trigger attrition if two or more regiments stop there.

In the OP costs table, it says that entering a hostile area costs 2 OP instead of one. Is this 'hostile area' an area with attrition?

You roll on attrition if you stop in any hostile area or cross an 2 factor hostile area or cross the Andes mountain with 2 or more units.

Enter an hostile area cost 2 OPs. Passing across Andes cost 3 OPs.

Regards, Manuel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Perez Ron
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marticabre wrote:
In the English rules there is a sentence in rule 5 that says that regiments can move across areas controlled by the enemy but that that costs 1 OP extra (so a total cost of 2 OP). This extra cost is not mentioned in the Spanish rules. Are the English rules not ok?

I didn't knew this extra cost for movement, I will revised the rules again. Thanks!

Manuel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This extra cost does not appear in the Spanish rules. I guess the English rules are wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj L.
Spain
Sevilla
Andalucia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So which rules are correct? Spanish or English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Perez Ron
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using the english published ruled by ATO Magazine as the right rule version.

Regards, Manuel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.