Subject: Isleworth Boardgamers No Clear Winner........ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Thomason
United Kingdom
Richmond
Surrey
flag msg tools
Isleworth Boardgamer, every Wed 7.30pm. The London Apprentice, Isleworth.
badge
Richmond and Kew Boardgamer, every Mon 7.30pm. The Triple Crown Inn, Richmond.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wednesday 30th September
Venue: The London Apprentice

We sat down to a game of BSG, something I had been looking to play for some time since purchasing the game six months ago. The board was set up quickly and Dan gave a good overview of the rules. After selecting characters, the game started in earnest. Very quickly Galactica was under attack.Tonio and I got to roll the dice lots of times, dispatching the plastic raiders with ease ,while Niko launched salvos at the two base ships that had appeared. John patched up the FTL drive and Tobi and Dan tried to explain tactics. The first jump was made and things quietened down for a while. Accusations were made over who was a cylon, which were cut short when Niko initiated Martial Law and took the presidency from Tobi. The power of being Admiral and President going to his head, he proceeded to start nuking base ships. Civilains ships were being lost and resources were starting to be depleted at an alarming rate. More jumps were made and we were each assigned a second card indicating who was a cylon. Tobi was found to be a collaborator and thrown in the brig. An election was called and the presidency was transferred to John. Scouts were sent out and lost, more dice rolling by myself and Tonio as fighter battles raged and further accusations over who was a cyclon. Finally after 3 hours, the game ended abrubtly as the landlord called time. No clear winner, but a fun game had by all.

Dan played (Saul), Gareth (Starbuck), Tobi (Giaus), Niko (Admiral Adama), John (Tyrrel) and Tonio (Lee Adama). As it transpired Dan and Niko were the cyclons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: No Clear Winner
What were the dials at when you finished and the jump distance?

For our group its usually 2 hours for 4 players and 3 hours for 6 players, but our first game took longer too.

Glad you had fun! This is one of my favorite games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Thomason
United Kingdom
Richmond
Surrey
flag msg tools
Isleworth Boardgamer, every Wed 7.30pm. The London Apprentice, Isleworth.
badge
Richmond and Kew Boardgamer, every Mon 7.30pm. The Triple Crown Inn, Richmond.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: No Clear Winner
Sorry Will, forgot to take down the dials at the end of the game. But should be playing it again in a weeks time so will make more notes this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.