Popular Tags: [View All]
John Douglass
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To clean up the older expansion thread, I am starting a new one. If you want the cards from Artscow to print out your own, you can find the album here:

http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=sjvmjdwm

The latest list so far who want to buy a set from me includes (updated 10/16/09):
mojo shivers (sent)
Hopalong (sent)
Rokkr (sent)
briand (sent)
metalchorus (sent)
gncamama (sent)
msaya (sent)
bengkohn (sent)
CSoren (sent)
kevinpdx (sent)
Funestus (contacted)
geekgeek (contacted)
MikeBwithoutadot (contacted)
MusicToEat (contacted)
maaikefest (contacted)
Xanthos (contacted)
mortimersnerd (contacted)
caradoc (contacted)
enzo622 (contacted)
coyotelaughs (contacted)

I will contact you when I get the sets in from Artscow. The price is $5 for US and $7 for overseas, shipping included. Right now, this only includes the first two expansions, as the third newer expansion requires 10 more cards. If you want the third expansion it will cost an extra $3. When I geekmail you, I will ask if you want the third expansion or not, you don't have to buy it obviously.

I am working to get some sets ready for Essen, but I am not sure that this is going to work. I will keep you posted.

The new expansion replaces 10 hillsloping cards currently in the deck. This is primarily to change Debris Flows from being the most powerful card in the deck to Alpine Glaciers, which are much more powerful in reality and really responsible for helping tear mountains down above the snow line. I than replaced the Overland Flow name with Debris Flows, but kept the older Overland Flow power the same.

Also, a new symbol has been added to the cards, a "subduction zone" symbol. If you move a card with a "subduction zone" symbol on it into your delta, all other players have to uplift half the rock in their delta, rounding up, without looking at the cards (the delta cards are shuffled and then flipped over and placed in the mountain). No immediate attribute affects take affect from the uplifted cards.

The goal of the Subduction Zone expansion is to complete the rock cycle. The game is called Erosion, the subject I am most interested in as a geomorphologist. But, this expansion allows the full rock cycle to take place, in a simplified manner anyway. The cards don't metamorphisize or melt into magma, unfortunately. If you want to see what the cards look like, they are in the shared album in the link above. When I get them from Artscow I will take a picture and post them here.

I am now thinking about an Oil expansion, where a certain attribute in the game allows players to place a token on a card in the river to represent dense vegetation. When this card goes into the delta, that player would get 1 point for each card in their delta at the end of the game. The idea is that the vegetation gets compressed and converted into oil while buried in the delta. The bigger the delta, the more points possible, but watch out for the subduction zone! This might break the game, but I'll see.

This might be taken it too far, but I am envisioning a set of short simple expansions that would allow players to pick and choose which ones they want to add to their game, and not necessarily play all of them all the time, kinda like Alhambra.

I am also working on a variant that will make it easier for 4 or 5 people to play. 5 is going to be tough, but 4 should be doable. I am focusing on speeding up game turns.

Any other ideas or thoughts are appreciated. For those of you who previously ordered the expansions, they went in the mail last Tuesday, so hopefully you get them soon. I hope everyone is having fun with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in a set of the three expansions. Geekmail me the details. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to buy all 3 expansions as well .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arden Nelson Jr.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in all three expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Jen Seah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John,

Glad to know that the expansions are still alive! I'd be happy to purchase all 3, so I'm just waiting on ya geekmail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love all three expansions!!

Cheers,

Giles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.