Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I will assume that in the Combat or Peril subphase of the Explore Phase of the Heroes, if the place is not perilous but has a minion or a monster, combat cannot be avoided.

When I look at the rulebook it sounds like it is optional, but, if that's the case, the minions can always flee and become unkillable.

Either that or the minions cannot move away from a hero (and the obligatory combat would happen in the Ambush phase).

I know it must be in the rulebook somewhere because it is kind of obvious and the question have been posted yet, but I just can't find it. The text is always "Sauron may choose to combat...".

What am I missing?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
got it.blush

page 22 -"Sauron must resolve...". It is in bold letters even. The use of must, can and may in sequence short circuited my non-english brain.

Thanks to myself for finding the answer so quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I could beat Dam here by not being helpful! (I think....)
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In any case, if you do seat your minions on the 6-point stronghold, heroes will have a very hard time killing them.
It is not very practical, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zinho73 wrote:
In any case, if you do seat your minions on the 6-point stronghold, heroes will have a very hard time killing them.

Yep, but then the Heroes just blow away all your Plots and go into final combat with the Ringwraiths at 0 Fort, 0 Health !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I think I'm missing something in the rules. What does the stronghold do for the minion?

Unless you mean it will be a perilous journey for the heroes to get to the minion in the first place....

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
I think I'm missing something in the rules. What does the stronghold do for the minion?

It means the hero can only fight the minion in the ambush step, since in the combat/peril step you can always choose peril. That forces them to end their turn there and means they likely won't be doing much else in the meantime. It also prevents the hero from resting on the turn(s) he uses for the ambush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
natsean wrote:

It means the hero can only fight the minion in the ambush step, since in the combat/peril step you can always choose peril. That forces them to end their turn there and means they likely won't be doing much else in the meantime. It also prevents the hero from resting on the turn(s) he uses for the ambush.

yeah. If one of the heroes objectives is to get rid of the minions it can become anoying really fast. However, as someone else pointed out, depending on the Sauron own agenda, it can be hugelly unpractical also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

I only got the game a few days ago and don't really have a strong grasp of the strategy or rules implications yet.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.