Popular Tags: [View All]
Daryl Anderson
United States
Trumansburg
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have broken-out the card images from the TtLM pdf files and uploaded them to Artscow.com as 54 individual playing-card images with a common back image. I resized everything to match their stated optimum values. They allow me to "share" the album somehow (never done this before) so here is the link they sent:

http://www.artscow.com/share/cl5itzjyak64

With this you should be able to either directly purchase the deck of cards or quickly create a "54 designs deck". Normally these sell for something like $15 but they have coupon codes available that will allow you to order for $7.99 with free shipping. Here is a link to the coupon codes (although note that they change, sometimes daily):

http://www.artscow.com/promote/fcfs.aspx

Note that I have not (yet) purchased my own deck so I cannot vouch for the quality of the cards. I have purchased a "photo book" from them and the graphics quality was excellent.

Note also that I had to leave out one image from the 55-card TtLM deck. I opted for leaving out one "Bad Weather" card. I understand that Tim worked hard to balance the suite of 55 cards but that was not an option here.

Enjoy,

Daryl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Neat, I just ordered this; apparently there was some weird promotion going on, so it only cost me shipping (six bucks!!)

(Now, the card previews look like they're cropped pretty badly, but I think I've read in other threads that the previews are unreliable and should be ignored.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If the cards look good, then I'm thinking I'll order a deck made of all Bad Weather cards from your deck (I think you can do that with the tools there), and if people want a third one, then they can just geekmail me their address, and I'll send them one.

(One alternative would be to come up with some 53-card deck which all TTLM! fans would want anyway, and stick a third Bad Weather in that, and then people could order that plus the 54-card TTLM! deck at the same time. Any suggestions on what that game would be?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

(One alternative would be to come up with some 53-card deck which all TTLM! fans would want anyway, and stick a third Bad Weather in that, and then people could order that plus the 54-card TTLM! deck at the same time. Any suggestions on what that game would be?)

How about the Optional cards for TTLM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, yeah, great idea; I didn't think of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a deck. I'll let you know in 2-3 weeks how they came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Neat, I just ordered this

I got mail from ArtsCow yesterday saying this had been shipped, and that it should show up in 8-12 business days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had good luck breaking images out of pdfs, but if someone else is willing to breakout the expansion cards I could add them to a gallery.

I've ordered several decks from Artscow. I've got a set of Kwanchai's redesign of Slapshot, Super Slapshot. I've also got cards for Bindle Rails and Wiz-War. I gotten good results from all of them, in each case after I imported the images I zoomed out three or four times (shrinking the image). Based on reports from others, this gave the images enough border in the final results. Some had reported that their images looked fine in the designer and then they were cropped in the final cards they received. I was very happy with the images.

As far as the card quality, they are a bit on the flimsy side without sleeves. I've sleeved mine in magic sleeves and they are quite playable. I won't hesitate to order from Artscow in the future, but I will always sleeve them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Anderson
United States
Trumansburg
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Glad to hear some of you gents are ordering decks - I will keep my fingers crossed along with you as to how they turn out.

I tried to create the deck using the Artscow specs but since I haven't yet ordered my own creation (!)I don't know how they turn out. I have encountered the uncertainty with their "preview" functions and explored some more with a deck I'm doing for another free game. Artscow tells me to make sure the card images extend "into" the gray border region but when I preview them they appear cropped by the gray. When I preview at extra-large size they look fine again.

Please DO report back here (I forgot to subscribe to my own message list but have done so now and will check in). If you can report specific problems I will edit and correct/improve the deck I have posted and "shared" at Artscow.

Reminder to all to definitely check their "specials" and coupons. They almost always have one that will get you the deck for $5.99 with free shipping.

The notion of making a second deck with the"excessed" card and/or optional cards is a fine one. Someone else feel free to get on that (!) or I will put it in my queue.

regards,
Daryl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mejer Hansen
Denmark
Horsens
Not applicable
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Im curious how did the set turn out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Anderson
United States
Trumansburg
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Me too !

As I mentioned in my post I uploaded the images but had not made arrangements to order a deck... and I still haven't.

I see that Artscow once again has a $7.99 special for these.

Has anyone had the deck printed from the images I mentinoed above ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mejer Hansen
Denmark
Horsens
Not applicable
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dander53 wrote:

The notion of making a second deck with the"excessed" card and/or optional cards is a fine one. Someone else feel free to get on that (!) or I will put it in my queue.

Any chance of getting you to create a Artscow deck with the missing Bad Weather card and the optional cards?
You should be able to fit 9 "sets" into a 54 card deck.
I would happily ship the surplus sets to people who need them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Anderson
United States
Trumansburg
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Erik,

I have gone ahead and created just such a "deck". Here is the link to order it on ArtsCow : http://www.artscow.com/share/o7avx9ubqh81

The deck has 9 copies each of the 5 expansion cards and also of the one left behind "Bad Weather" card.

If you order it right now (with their PLAY299CARDS code you can get it for $2.99 with free shiipping!).

regards,
Daryl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mejer Hansen
Denmark
Horsens
Not applicable
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Daryl.
Just ordered.

I will have 8 surplus sets.
So if you want one let me know (shipping is on me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Anderson
United States
Trumansburg
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have finally taken advantage of the frequent ArtsCow "special offers" to order my own set of the TTLM cards -- for $2.99 with free shipping how could I not !

The deck arrived (after over three weeks) and I am very pleased with their quality and the quality of the graphics. There is a slight lack of crispness to the graphics which I assume has to do with the actual dpi density of the images I uploaded. (At the time I ordered these I also ordered a number of other decks - created by myself and others - and have not noticed this minor issue.).

Obviously everyone must decide how to create their own p-n-p creations. I have a perfectly good color laser printer and hundreds of card sleeves from older "Magic Cards" collections and have used those to create many pnp games with and without cards. Nevertheless I think the Artscow option is a fine one for many cases --especially if one waits patiently for their next sale.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.