Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know if it breaks the 'no specific adventurers or grand events' rule, but Drachenfels is very, very good. Seems like Yeovil's Beasts in Velvet was pretty neat, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, sticking to the meat of this game wouldn't be a bad idea, Palace of the Plague Lord and Blood for the Blood God, both by C.L. Werner are among my favourite WH books.

I do enjoy G&F, the first Omnibus and parts of the second are very good, sadly, for me, Nathan Long's G&F books have been disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am almost finished trudging through Nathan Long's Blackhearts: the Omnibus. It has some nice moments of action once and a while, but the characters are 2-dimensional, the plot is uncreative (it rehearses the same structure a few times), and the adolescent quasi Arthurian posturing between fair maidens and chivalrous knights just grates on my nerves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Malekith was pretty good.

I thought Skavenslayer was pretty good though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
I just finished up the Malus Darkblade series....and I thought they were very good.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are suggestions from an earlier thread. I'm copying them here so that all the suggestions are in one spot with the better thread title.

Quote:
The Gotrek and Felix novels are good but the Short Story collections are fantastic. The first Konrad novel is good, too. Anything with Genevieve the vampire is worth reading.

Grab a copy of the book Ignorant Armies -- a collection of short stories in the Warhammer world with Gotrek and Felix, Johann and Vuckotich, and Kurt von Diehl, a new Champion of Khorne who wanders north to the Chaos Wastes to seek the favor of the Blood God.

If you want to know what Khorne (and in some ways the other Chaos Gods) are all about aside from reading a Wiki entry -- read that story.

The books sucked me into the Warhammer Lore. It's really good, grim, fantasy writing.

Quote:
I liked the first Gotrek and Felix omnibus.

I would also reccomend Malekith the Sundering.

Quote:
I'd recommend 'Drachenfels' and 'Beasts in Velvet', both by Jack Yeovil (pseudonym of Kim Newman). Great stories, not your usual generic fantasy novels.

Quote:
The Vampire Genevieve (onibus) and also the Orfeo trilogy (Zaragoz / Plague Daemon / Storm Warriors). The 2nd book (plague daemon) is a must for Nurgle lovers and Storm Warriors deals with the worship of Slaaneesh. Out of print but are easy to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.