Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that everybody gets 7 Occupation and 7 Minor Improvement cards at the start of the game, but do we get anymore later on? Like when we use them. I can't seem to be able to find this in the rulebook. Could somebody please help me out here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 7 cards of each at the start of the game and that's what you get.

Some cards should be sent to your neighbour when used, but that's about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
Nope - these are all the cards you get. You will propably not be able (or willing) to use all of them anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There the only ones you get all game...use them wisely!

Except if someone uses one that gets passed around the the player on the left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules make it quite clear. Seven of each is all you get. They are handed out at the start of the game and are what you are given to play with. Some have suggested a card draft before starting that is quite an interesting idea. You could try to build your card combos that way, but in any event, no more cards are handed out during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was what I was thinking, but I wasn't 100% sure. And I know that my friends were going to ask. Thank you everybody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of the fun of the game is trying to hatch a plan based on what is dealt to your hand, and then changing it as the game progresses. Don't get too preoccupied with your cards. In some games you might play most of your cards, while in others you might play very few. Pay specific attention for cards that complement each other, in order to wring as much advantage as possible from the fewest actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
JoshBot wrote:
Part of the fun of the game is trying to hatch a plan based on what is dealt to your hand, and then changing it as the game progresses.

That's exactly right. For me, most of the fun is making plans, getting frustrated, and adjusting. And, honestly, if you play your whole hand, you've probably played too many cards anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there a couple of cards that allow a draw of improvement/occupation cards or am I merely thinking of some variants that exist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Broom allows a player to replace their remaining Minor Improvements with seven new ones, but there's no card that gives anyone extra Occupations that I'm aware of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.