Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So just broke the game out for the first time tonight. It's good. Will be a great warm up game or game for non-gamers. Little disappointed in the weight of the cards though, a bit weak sauce if you ask me. It would be nice to have a PDF of the cards so they could be printed on heavier card stock.
A question came up and I'm looking for consensus (and support). Are players allowed to test fit the pieces prior to sliding them down the grid or do you have to keep the piece at the top of the grid and use your mental spacial orientation skills (or lack there of)to decide where the piece should slide down. I feel that test fit should not be allowed. It seems that the point of sliding the pieces down the grid is to force players to mentally maneuver the piece prior to sliding otherwise it feels like just a test of manual dexterity to feed your piece into the right slot. Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, testing is not a problem -- I imagine the game would be very very frustrating to the spatially challenged, and more so if they couldn't test. I think the point of sliding from top to bottom is to prevent people from doing the very natural (if you've played any Tetris at all) maneuver of sliding the piece laterally at the last minute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the rules said you had to commit to a column and slide it down. No testing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I think the point of sliding from top to bottom is to prevent people from doing the very natural (if you've played any Tetris at all) maneuver of sliding the piece laterally at the last minute.

Initially we thought this rule was to prevent "testing", but this is a good interpretation as well. My group does not allow testing, and it definitely causes occasional disastrous results. We've all had our turns being bitten by it, and it makes the game more interesting for us.

As long as everyone at the table is playing the same, it doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.