Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pure speculation. This situation has never occurred, and probably never will, I just wanted to point it out.

The rule book is clear on the use of command points: CP can be used if a marine has LOS to a genestealer who has just completed an action. So, if the action brings the GS out of LOS of the marine, there is no use of CP.

Overwatch works about the same, with one noteable exception: A marine on overwatch will fire at a door that closes in LOS, even if that actually means that the GS closing the door actually ends up being out of LOS.

The whacky question is, then, does that exception work for command points too?

Also, I never got this clear… a marine on overwatch won't fire on the marine's turn, right? I mean, if one marine is on overwatch, and another marine opens a door, giving LOS to a blip that suddenly converts, that is an "involuntarily reveal" which will given an overwatch marine a free shot, right? But will such overwatch fire happen during the marine's turn?
Forget it, I found the answer to the last one. Overwatch allows free shots during the genestealer player's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
My immediate answer to this would be no. CPs can only be used if the marine has LOS to the genestealer after the action, which he doesn't once the door is shut. No exception is specified in the rules, so I don't think there is.

Thematically (sigh, this proves nothing, I know), a marine in overwatch is scanning the corridor, and then blazing at anything that moves - a little trigger happy. Using a CP is a more calculated shot, so he would only shoot if he could see the target.

That's how I would play it anyway (although, like you say, it has never turned up in a game yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's how I would interpret it as well. I guess one COULD argue that it's like "Hm, the door closed… I think I'd better back away and have a shot at it" but… well well, I guess that's up to each to decide for their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.