Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Any solution for simulating tank hunter teams without deploying a full anti-tank weapon? I had read that Soviet forces prized capturing Panzerfausts to supplement their anti-tank capabilities with the PTRS-41 (which I'm assuming is simulated by the sniper?)

Love to hear some thoughts, I've got a scenario idea that'd take advantage of such a mechanic and I'd prefer not to treat a provided counter in a non-standard way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
medlinke wrote:
I had read that Soviet forces prized capturing Panzerfausts to supplement their anti-tank capabilities with the PTRS-41 (which I'm assuming is simulated by the sniper?)

I'm pretty sure Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943 has these units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Very handy...unfortunately I don't have that one yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean halley

Oregon
msg tools
designer
mbmb
The biggest problem I had in converting to CoH from ASL, Lock n' Load, etc. is the lack of counters representing Leaders and LMGs (and Bazookas, Panzerfausts,Demo Charges, etc. in later games I imagine). That just didn't seem right for a tactical game. But as I play CoH I am impressed with the elegance of the system, and while those things may be "missing" as a separate deployable element they are certainly there within the squad and the CAPs.

So the tank-hunter teams will be there, but maybe not as you are use to. It takes a squad tank-hunter team in CoH to take out a tank, not a 10-3 leader armed with a Panzerfaust that skulks around buildings. The latter may be more "fun" if you were raised on ASL (as it was fun for me when I play ASL for 15 years), but the former is more realistic and just as fun given the interactive rules of CoH.

Dean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
medlinke wrote:
Any solution for simulating tank hunter teams without deploying a full anti-tank weapon? I had read that Soviet forces prized capturing Panzerfausts to supplement their anti-tank capabilities with the PTRS-41 (which I'm assuming is simulated by the sniper?)

Love to hear some thoughts, I've got a scenario idea that'd take advantage of such a mechanic and I'd prefer not to treat a provided counter in a non-standard way...

Soviet anti-tank rifles ought to be represented in the game... they were a common enough weapon. Unless they're assumed to be included one apiece in the Rifle teams.

German anti-tank weapons are a bit different. They employed an ATR for a while, but their tank hunters generally used magnetic mines until the Panzerfaust came along, but that wasn't until late '43.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron: in SoS there are Soviet AT squads/teams. I've only played FF1 so far, so haven't employed them yet. But they are there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
Aaron: in SoS there are Soviet AT squads/teams. I've only played FF1 so far, so haven't employed them yet. But they are there.

Excellent! I'm looking forward to SoS. I'm sure AtB will get plenty of play still, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.