Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
Paul Healey
United Kingdom
Hoddesdon
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original Squad Leader plus Cross of Iron and Crescendo of Doom, I also have scenario 100's which I bought in the 80's from the excellent Liesure Games in North Finchley.

However I have invested in ASL rules and the original BV. Now I find the MMP have included sceanios 101-110 in the upgraded BV.cry

Why can't hey issue these scenarios as a download?
Is there any way I can upgrade my original Squad leader scenrios to ASL?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They had said in the past they would be available for purchase like the FKAC scenario's but never did so I doubt they would ever issue the entire pack for free. They probably would have already.

They do have a scenario pack of old SL scenario's upgraded for ASL for sale and some are free to download I believe (ASL Classic link) but with about 5000 scenario's out there why do you need the rest of the SL's done? They have about 100 overall for free to download on their website between the Tactics, Provence Pack and AP1 which are all new ASL scenario's as well as that ASL Classic pack which are old SL scenario's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only question I have is who is preventing you from playing your SL scenario's with ASL rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blanton
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the scenarios in BV3 the same as the previous 100 series scenarios from SL? I thought that BV3 re-issued some out of print scenarios from the General and Annuals. May want to check the actual scenario names.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGamersArmory wrote:
Are the scenarios in BV3 the same as the previous 100 series scenarios from SL? I thought that BV3 re-issued some out of print scenarios from the General and Annuals. May want to check the actual scenario names.

No they are not. They just happen to have the same numbers because there's that many scenarios included with the modules now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blanton
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
James,

I did not think they were the same. I never got the SL 100 series, so I did not know. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Healey
United Kingdom
Hoddesdon
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good thnking, thanks for that Might try that, thoroughly enjoyed sacrifice of Polish armour using some of the CoD rules.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
This page has a list of the original Squad Leader scenarios that shows which ones have been converted to ASL. It's not completely up-to-date, but it's a start:

http://www.wargameacademy.org/SQLA/Scenarios/sql_asl_scen.ht...

For the Series 100 scenarios, most ASL conversions were published in the old ASL Annuals, one was published in an ASL Journal, and three of them are published in the recently released "Turning the Tide" scenario pack (these are not indicated in the link above).

Turning The Tide

If you need to check where a particular ASL scenario has been published (some have appeared in more than one publication), the ASL Scenario Archive will be useful:

http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/index.php

Paul Healey wrote:
thoroughly enjoyed sacrifice of Polish armour using some of the CoD rules.

"Sacrifice of the Polish Armor" was actually a Series 200 scenario; the ASL conversion for it can also be found in "Turning the Tide."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.