5 Posts

Dominion» Forums » Rules

Subject: actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Key
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm probably being a bit dull here - but are the actions on cards cumulative - e.g. I play a card like a village which gives you two actions and then play another village - have I now got three actions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Village costs one action to play and gives you two, for a net gain of one action. If you start with one action and play two Villages, you'll have three actions remaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B
United States
Bath
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Not as clever as xkcd
badge
Not as clever as xkcd
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. +1 action cards essentially replace their own action (you have the same number after the card as you had before you played it), while +2 action cards leave you with one more action than you had before you played the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way of thinking of "+1 Action" or "+1 Buy" is that it adds one to your pool of available actions or buys, as the case may be. So yes, they're cumulative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Key
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone - that's clear now - and what a great game it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.